Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!
Very interesting why do you use a spotlight?
Do you have any close up photos, how have you connected it to the drone ? Sorry loads of questions!

Primarily to light subjects at twilight for photography. I do have some closer photos I’ll post.
I screwed a GoPro mount to the rear plate and 3D printed a matching mount to attach to the light.

Very nice how long can you fly at normal speeds? The most I have lifted is 600g with minimal time lost

That is real nice effect thats one hell of a bright light. I just realized 600g is 1.3lb..so I am about the same as you in payload. I remove the back of the Inspire and print a new one that works with direct GoPro buckle for inter changing or EVO SS gimbal if I need a a smooth transition on rear camera. Trying GoPro 360 Fusion now,

Attachments

• 577rs.jpg
    577rs.jpg
    569.4 KB · Views: 13
  • s-l1600 (3).jpg
    s-l1600 (3).jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 13
Let me look into that it would be directly in center of drone using the same mounting type. I has to be screwed in I do not believe anything that moves above ground should use snaps. There are are inserted nuts in that area and could be stabilized to front nuts. I want to use the same design I have on my other mounts so you can use a EVO SS gimball or GoPro buckle. Bottom mounts work fine with EVO SS gimbal or down facing camera . GoPro Fusion has a wider FOV so top center would be better.

Finished the Top Mounting system for Inspire one seires here are a few videos with the GoPro 360 Fusion top mounted . Even in the max forward position you still get the rotors . You woul have to raise the camera another 6 inches which is probably not a good idea. Works very well can also mount a top gimbal

SAMPLE VIDEO 11/03/19 Top Mount Maximum Forward Position
Link to video showing GoPro Fusion 360 stability tests

SAMPLE VIDEO 11/03/19
Top Mount Maximum Rearward Position
Link to video showing GoPro Fusion 360 stability tests

Attachments

• 20191028_165846.jpg
    20191028_165846.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 9
  • 20191028_165859.jpg
    20191028_165859.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 9
  • 20191028_165932.jpg
    20191028_165932.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 9
  • 20191031_140342.jpg
    20191031_140342.jpg
    664.1 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: CoreySnipes
I also have an Insta360 that I'm going to try with my Inspire. But I was planning to mount it to the bottom because you're mainly interested in viewing the landscape below. With the propellers raised you would get a pretty good field of view

Finished the Top Mounting system for Inspire one seires here are a few videos with the GoPro 360 Fusion top mounted . Even in the max forward position you still get the rotors ...
I'm just starting to explore Inspire 1 payload mounts, and really like this work you've done on both the lower and upper mounts. Is the GPS still usable with the top mount you showed here, or do you have to fly ATTI? And, is there somewhere I can purchase that 3D printed replacement rear plate? Or download an STL file? Great work on these!

Hello thanks for interest.

1-Regarding payload I have run 500-700g distributed many times with no issues - max on rear by itself 360g
GP 8 with EVO SS Gimbal no CG issues to speak of over 50 flights in GPS mode
2-The rear mount replaces the back of the Inspire 1
3-The only problem I had on the Inspire 1 or 2 is when I installed the GP 8 and EVO SS on top of the GPS
the drone had partial lost GPS and I recovered in ATTI . I later test again at forward position no problems
(i beleive the problem was the EVO SS gimbal motors interfering with GPS modlue (moun ting the GP 8 without the EVO SS had no effect good luck let me know if you have questions
All my mounts are available at my ebay store I do not release the STL files.
(IronSkyMounts)

Hello thanks for interest.

1-Regarding payload I have run 500-700g distributed many times with no issues - max on rear by itself 360g
GP 8 with EVO SS Gimbal no CG issues to speak of over 50 flights in GPS mode
2-The rear mount replaces the back of the Inspire 1
3-The only problem I had on the Inspire 1 or 2 is when I installed the GP 8 and EVO SS on top of the GPS
the drone had partial lost GPS and I recovered in ATTI . I later test again at forward position no problems
(i beleive the problem was the EVO SS gimbal motors interfering with GPS modlue (moun ting the GP 8 without the EVO SS had no effect good luck let me know if you have questions
All my mounts are available at my ebay store I do not release the STL files.
(IronSkyMounts)
Great, thank you for the info. I will check your store.

we recently flew an Insta PRO 360 under our inspire 2. Our first test was with a riggid underslung mount and it resulted in a few broken props. The pendulum was too much for the bird. Then we made a u-joint that would let the camera swing independently from the bird, left right...front back...but not rotationally. Flight times were cut in half due to weight, but it flew well. This was for indoor flights only....outdoors we hung it under a much larger bird.

I am looking at ways to attach a 360 camera - Capture one- camera at the rear of my Inspire 1V2.

Using a clamp and selfie stick with the camera attached Will change the centre of gravity. Slightly backwards I think .
Do a counter balance this with more front loading ( small weights)
Or let the drone auto calibrate ? Would this happen?
Not sure ?

Anybody got any advice about making sure the drone still functions well ?
Thanks
I printed this from ThingiVerse - Samsung 360 Gear mount for DJI Inspire 1 by ByteSlinger Basically you mount the 360 camera just like the x3 or X5, but in place of it. You won't get video because no X3 but you should still get telemetry. I printed it in PLA and flex PLA for the washer, or just use a rubber washer. This should negate the CG issue.

The drone should still fly with a 360 camera mounted in the back. It will compensate for the CG offset as long as the 360 camera isn't too heavy. just keep in mind there will be extra load on the rear motors and higher battery drain so flight time will be reduced. Your V2 has the larger motors so you should be fine. You can see the CG compensation in action with extra battery mods some people have done, so it does compensate.

I wouldn't add counter weights. Your're trying to keep your overall weight down. Counter weights would be more critical on a plane, heli or camera with a lens shade to balance the gimbal and reduce strain.

If you don't have a 3D printer you might be able to find someone to print it for you. It's for the Samsung Gear 360 but any 360 camera should mount to it. You just need to get the 1/4-20 D-Ring screws like these -

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RFFGW74/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's not ideal but it will work for this niche application. Nothing is cooler than watching a 360 video from the drone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop