Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Mount X 3 Gimbal/Camera on any Copter

Reaction score
Hello,

Does anybody know if it´s possible to use the X3 Gimbal on other copters than the inspire?

I want to use it on a hexacopter with A2 Flightcontrol...
Is there a way to get a clean HDMI signal directly out of the camera / gimbal so I can downlink it with Connex?
What else do I need so I can control the camera and gimbal on any copter?

Thank you very much for your help!

BR Chris

In Austria we need a full redundant copter below 5 kg for arial filming. So mininmum is a hexacopter - but with a hexacopter it´s not easy to stay below 5 kg with & good camera & gimbal - this is the reason why I look for a good and lightwight camera & gimbal combination...

there are some combinations out which maybe have a bit better picture quality (Sony RX 100, Sony a7000, BMD Micro Cinema Camera) but with the disatvantage or difficulity to get a good gimbal... (DJI Zenmuse Gimbals are to heavy for me...) - I prefer to have a great working gimbal and have a bit less picture quality than shaky footage from a bit better camera...

Last edited:
In Austria we need a full redundant copter below 5 kg for arial filming. So mininmum is a hexacopter - but with a hexacopter it´s not easy to stay below 5 kg with & good camera & gimbal - this is the reason why I look for a good and lightwight camera & gimbal combination...

there are some combinations out which maybe have a bit better picture quality (Sony RX 100, Sony a7000, BMD Micro Cinema Camera) but with the disatvantage or difficulity to get a good gimbal... (DJI Zenmuse Gimbals are to heavy for me...) - I prefer to have a great working gimbal and have a bit less picture quality than shaky footage from a bit better camera...

ahhh...I can understand that, I'm the same way, used to fly a gopro 4 blk but couldn't get tripod stable footage, inspire changed that real quick, it's probably a combo of the aircraft and gimbal though, that new n1 flight controller is pretty sweet.

Unfortunately I don't believe (maybe I'm wrong) that anybody has figured out the dji pin system and I don't think the a2 flight controller would support the x3 gimbal. I'm hoping to see an n1 flight controller stand alone...would be awesome to see how it operates on a redundant platform vs a quad.

Sidenote: I like that rule/regulation that you have to have a full redundant system, the US should incorporate a similar reg for commercial use.

that new n1 flight controller is pretty sweet.

Unfortunately I don't believe (maybe I'm wrong) that anybody has figured out the dji pin system

Yes the FC n1 seems to be great - I would buy it if DJI would offer it alone although you can only use it for quadcopters (that´s what DJI support told me).

Yes if anybody figured out the pin system please let me know! I think that´s the most important part...

Thank you Chris

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla