Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

My Inspire IS a POS

Oh man is it refreshing to read this thread. After so much complaining on other threads (full justified for some) this feels like a breath of fresh air. Keep it up guys. In the meantime, I need to wait for my defective unit to be replaced by DJI.

Reactions: DjiQuadzilla
What's up that the **** things only come in one color? That is RIDICULOUS. White body? That is like SO lame. You should be able to assemble the whole thing yourself and choose the color from a punched out plastic set of multiple bodies available in the package. I mean, for this price, you'd think I could get it in Aqua!

Reactions: DK42 and diverreb
My Phantom 2 got a taste for snow yesterday.

All pre-check done, compass calibration etc. and maked sure there were satelite reciewing before lift off. Stayd at 2 meter hight, hover to make sure everything was okey. Then it began to wandering to the right. Slowly at first, but began picking up speed. Steers it down to the ground in the snow and nothing was broken.

Tryed again, new compass dance and all pre-flight checks. Lift off and the same thing happens.
8 months of flawless flying, no problems and now this.

I'm just glad I'm careful when I lift of my drones, otherwise this one probably had been sitting in someone's window yesterday.

A similar thing happened with my big hexacopter with A2. Then $ 6k hit the ground at full speed and I couldn´t do anything.
Not the sweetest feeling I felt. :)
The company that built it to me said it was an ESC malfunction, maybe it's the same with the Phantom as well.

Maybe are the Phantom just grumpy, because I'll get a INSPIRE 1 ..? :)

Wow!!! I just flew mine for its first flight! There are no words! The Phantom has nothing on this thing!

My Phantom 2 got a taste for snow yesterday.

All pre-check done, compass calibration etc. and maked sure there were satelite reciewing before lift off. Stayd at 2 meter hight, hover to make sure everything was okey. Then it began to wandering to the right. Slowly at first, but began picking up speed. Steers it down to the ground in the snow and nothing was broken.

Tryed again, new compass dance and all pre-flight checks. Lift off and the same thing happens.
8 months of flawless flying, no problems and now this.

I'm just glad I'm careful when I lift of my drones, otherwise this one probably had been sitting in someone's window yesterday.

A similar thing happened with my big hexacopter with A2. Then $ 6k hit the ground at full speed and I couldn´t do anything.
Not the sweetest feeling I felt. :)
The company that built it to me said it was an ESC malfunction, maybe it's the same with the Phantom as well.

Maybe are the Phantom just grumpy, because I'll get a INSPIRE 1 ..? :)

Sounds to me like the company that built your Hex doesn't know what they are talking about. The A2 flight controller (like the Naza Mv2) has algorithms built in that will enable a hex or octo to still fly and be controllable in the event of a prop, esc or motor failure. This has been built into the firmware from day one on the A2.

Sounds to me like the company that built your Hex doesn't know what they are talking about. The A2 flight controller (like the Naza Mv2) has algorithms built in that will enable a hex or octo to still fly and be controllable in the event of a prop, esc or motor failure. This has been built into the firmware from day one on the A2.

That's what I thought too, and why I bought the A2. But they were very sure...
Repairing went on warranty, so I have not bothered me so much more.

I was more into that one or more wires had come loose from the A2 controller.
I've read reports that it can happen and some glue them there.

Last edited:
I'm sure the OP won't be too happy when something goes wrong and he's waiting 3-4 months for a turn around...

I'm with you man: these things are such crap. Mine is rock solid like yours, never lets me down, and provides beautiful video and stills. Who makes crap like this!?!?

I'm with you man: these things are such crap. Mine is rock solid like yours, never lets me down, and provides beautiful video and stills. Who makes crap like this!?!?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fastprintstar