Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

My newly acquired Inspire 1 almost becomes road pizza. (video confessions of a Freestyle FPV pilot trying the DJI scene)

Reaction score
First I wanted to say thanks for the ad to the forum. I'm DirtyLikaRat FPV. I build and fly Freestyle FPV quads, and just two weeks ago bought an Inspire 1 off Facebook Marketplace Secondl, I wanted to say, publicly, that I am an idiot. Yes, you read that right... A God old fashioned, homegrown idiot. I bought the Inspire to broaden my horizons and throw some, after some time on the Inspire sticks, professional looking cinematic footage of my exploits with my Freestyle setups, using the Inspire for location footage and the journey to the locations, B roll footage, even footage of my freestyle quads in flight.. Using that sweet Inspire 4k love.. So what do I do right out the gate, instead of altering my flight style to fit the Inspires flight characteristics??? I decide that it would be a wise idea to have the inspire fit into MY flight style. News flash.. The Inspire IS Not and FPV FREESTYLE rig. So anyway long story short.. While low flying, traveling down wooded nature trails and such, I almost put then bird into the grill of a passing vehicle.. Did I mention i was an idiot?. Enough jaw jacking.. Here's a brier excerpt from the experience. Enjoy

Reactions: InspireEagle
Disaster averted and see, you learned something and grew from it...lol... In the business world in a meeting we call that "Lessons Learned." Now, go enjoy that sweet Inspire properly. :)

Reactions: GFields
Honestly, over the years reading this forum I can attribute at least half the crashes to a lack of situational awareness. You learned a $2,000-$3,000 lesson for free. I would call that a "good day of flying and learning."

D

First I wanted to say thanks for the ad to the forum. I'm DirtyLikaRat FPV. I build and fly Freestyle FPV quads, and just two weeks ago bought an Inspire 1 off Facebook Marketplace Secondl, I wanted to say, publicly, that I am an idiot. Yes, you read that right... A God old fashioned, homegrown idiot. I bought the Inspire to broaden my horizons and throw some, after some time on the Inspire sticks, professional looking cinematic footage of my exploits with my Freestyle setups, using the Inspire for location footage and the journey to the locations, B roll footage, even footage of my freestyle quads in flight.. Using that sweet Inspire 4k love.. So what do I do right out the gate, instead of altering my flight style to fit the Inspires flight characteristics??? I decide that it would be a wise idea to have the inspire fit into MY flight style. News flash.. The Inspire IS Not and FPV FREESTYLE rig. So anyway long story short.. While low flying, traveling down wooded nature trails and such, I almost put then bird into the grill of a passing vehicle.. Did I mention i was an idiot?. Enough jaw jacking.. Here's a brier excerpt from the experience. Enjoy
Another coat of wax on that car and you would have made contact!?!? Wow, you got lucky and I’d say your reaction time was superior. Hopefully you have adjusted your flying set to the larger / slower Inspire. Thanks for sharing! Should help other switching over from FPV.

An Inspire is good, but I would prefer a Mavic for the footage you seem to want. Much faster setup as well.
Just my 2 cents...

Altitude is your friend, and situational awareness is critical.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topproorityhealthcare