Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

ND Filter info

Reaction score
Does anyone know any specifics on ND Filters (size, thread type etc) for the X5S or X4S? Since we're waiting on our shipments, I thought I would pick up some filters.

X5S would depend on the lens in use:
  • Olympus M.Zuiko 12mm/2.0 - 46mm
  • DJI MFT 15mm/1.7 ASPH - 46mm
  • Olympus M.Zuiko 17mm/1.8 - 46mm
  • Panasonic Lumix 15mm/1.7 - 46mm
  • Olympus M.Zuiko 25mm/1.8 - 46mm
  • Panasonic Lumix 14-42mm/3.5-5.6 HD - 37mm
  • Olympus M.Zuiko 45mm/1.8 - 37mm
  • Olympus M.Zuiko 9-18mm/4.0-5.6 - 58mm

X4S .... ???

I'm referring to the lens that DJI is providing with the X5S.. so I'm guessing it's a DJI MFT 11mm/1.7 ASPH - 46mm.. but I'm not sure.
The X4S is simply the smaller camera available for the Inspire 2.

I'm referring to the lens that DJI is providing with the X5S.. so I'm guessing it's a DJI MFT 11mm/1.7 ASPH - 46mm.. but I'm not sure.
The X4S is simply the smaller camera available for the Inspire 2.
They don't say exactly which lens is included in the camera with lens kit. But all of the pictures showing it with a lens have the DJI MFT 15mm/1.7 ASPH lens on it for $1899.00.

Or lens excluded for $1399.00.

This is the single example of cross compatibility; if you already have some of the lenses (from your X5) you can use them on the X5S.

Here is a lightened image from the DJI site:
large_d4d32901-039f-4bfa-9481-a38fddd6f75e.jpg

Reactions: marctronixx
Oh.. Thank you.. good thing your eyes are better than mine.. That is very helpful...

Have a wonderful weekend.

Reactions: Ftolino
AeroMirage: 24mm is their focal length for the lens (35mm equivalent). I'm not sure if this is their filter size as well. There is no published info on this yet, and from the image its hard to tell if there are threads for regular screw on filters.

AeroMirage: 24mm is their focal length for the lens (35mm equivalent). I'm not sure if this is their filter size as well. There is no published info on this yet, and from the image its hard to tell if there are threads for regular screw on filters.
I see that now. "24mm equivalent lens".
So, what is the 8.8mm referring to?
a50e28e0-d451-4fff-b738-6b5cc942606a.jpg

Anybody's guess.. this may or may not have threads.
untitled.png
There's also no "In the box" detail for the X4S

The 8.8 is the actual focal length of the lens - but when you multiply it by the crop factor of the camera sensor you get the 35mm focal equivalent. I think its another reason why they show the 84 degree field of view.

Hmmm... I see now.
I read somewhere that with the ability to change dynamic range (F-Stop) that NDs are not needed. They should still provide the ability to add UV or other neutral filter for lens protection. Just my 2 cents....

Yes, there will have to be something because even at F11 (most stopped down the lens can get) and ISO 100, if you are shooting at 1/48th, 1/50th or 1/60th in bright sun you are going to need some ND to control exposure. And if you need to shoot wide open for creative reasons you will need a lot more!

Anyone get one yet that knows the size an threads . X4s . Thanks in advance

Sorry to necro this thread, but it seemed better than starting a new one.

Yeah, I'm looking for some ND filters for the X4S. Are there any out there yet? I see polarpro has some filters coming out in about 3 weeks, but after they dropped the ball with the mavic filters, I'd be nervous to pre-order.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hmmm... I see now.
I read somewhere that with the ability to change dynamic range (F-Stop) that NDs are not needed. They should still provide the ability to add UV or other neutral filter for lens protection. Just my 2 cents....

Dynamic Range and F-stops are two different things.

F-stops controls the amount of light for exposure

Dynamic Range is range of tones produced by sensor

Sorry to necro this thread, but it seemed better than starting a new one.

Yeah, I'm looking for some ND filters for the X4S. Are there any out there yet? I see polarpro has some filters coming out in about 3 weeks, but after they dropped the ball with the mavic filters, I'd be nervous to pre-order.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
I have been waiting on these as well, but being impatient I have 3D printed some spacers that allow me to use my old X3 (37mm) filters on my X4S. So far they seem to work perfectly as an interim solution.

The Firecrest are the best in my opinion and they're 50% off... Click here: Promotions
Recommend an ND 1.2 for normal sunny days. Should allow you to achieve your 5.6 aperture on a 12mm or 15mm lens with a 30fps and 1/60 shutter... may need to adjust your aperture up or down a bit.. but should be close. Recommend getting a ND 0.6 as well... I have ND 0.3, 0.6, 0.9, and 1.2... But if I were only getting two, I would get a 0.6 and 1.2. You will want to get the 46mm size with the X5S. Instead of using a ring balancer with a 46mm lens, use a step up adapter (37mm->46mm) instead. Using the step up adapter with the weight of one of these ND filters, will give the proper balance. It will also allow you to use your existing 46mm ND filters.

Last edited:
Reactions: utcinema

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth