Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Need feedback on change

Reaction score
I am think about getting rid of my inspire 2 and inspire 1 and getting one Matrice 210 to replace both. What do y’all think. I do mapping, roof inspections thermal and RGB and SAR. Thanks

A Matrice 210 would definitely be a good choice for your needs. One of the best drones out there. If you would like to contact us we would be happy to answer any questions you have regarding the M210 and see about possibly working with you to get you into one. Let us know!
Thanks,
Cody

I am think about getting rid of my inspire 2 and inspire 1 and getting one Matrice 210 to replace both. What do y’all think. I do mapping, roof inspections thermal and RGB and SAR. Thanks

I know you're trying to consolidate, but I have to say that the P4P is the best mapping drone out there. Small, VERY robust in windy conditions, excellent flight times and most importantly, it dons a mechanical shutter.

My clients demand no less than 1"/pixel Ground Sample Distance. At that GSD, with the correct settings, the bird flies about 30 mph and nets crystal clear photos for post-processing through Pix4D. If you're mapping 30 or 40 acre plots, "speed" isn't such a big deal. But if you're mapping 500-2000 acre plots, it becomes a huge deal. Add to the pile that you can purchase a pile of P4P's for the cost of a single M210, and it makes for a much more cost-effective choice for mapping (read: less monetary loss should there be a catastrophic event). Because they're so cheap, my business partner and I often deploy two P4P's for larger jobs.

And don't forget...smaller and lighter = less power demand = easier battery management in the field...which is a big deal when you're perpetually flying 2 drones all day long for days on end. Between us, my partner and I have 9 batteries and we've never had to halt operations to wait for batteries to charge - even when flying dual drones.

Note: we have the capability of charging 6 batteries simultaneously @ 100 watts each.

I don't know if you've ever flown a P4P. It's amazing how quick, nimble and agile they are. My Inspire 1 v2 feels like barge in comparison. No kidding...landing the Inspire 1 with GPS lock is equal to landing the P4P in ATTI mode...LOL...

Clearly, the M210 will be better for FLIR inspections and FLIR SAR operations. But for mapping, I would consider the cheap, nimble, robust, mechanical shutter P4P.

Good luck!

D

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips