Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Need Help - DJI CrystalSky 7.85"

Reaction score
Hello,

I have recently been experiencing terrible issues with the DJI CrystalSky 7.85". The app will crash mid-flight, then it will ask me to close the app or wait. At that point, nothing on the screen functions, sometime the drone will stay connected, and sometimes it won't. I have also had the app completely close/black screen while the drone is up. My last shoot I had my iPhone as back up and it worked fine leading me to believe that my issues are with the CrystalSky.

I have reset the CrystalSky numerous times. Downloaded the new firmware numerous times even trying to download via wifi - that didn't work so tried downloading it to a micro sd card and that didn't work. So what now? I asked DJI (obviously no help) and all I got in response was the steps are already completed above. When I reset my CrystalSky the version keeps showing V03.00.02.00 - I have read that there are issues with this version. Does anyone know what to do?

Thank you

Hello,

I have recently been experiencing terrible issues with the DJI CrystalSky 7.85". The app will crash mid-flight, then it will ask me to close the app or wait. At that point, nothing on the screen functions, sometime the drone will stay connected, and sometimes it won't. I have also had the app completely close/black screen while the drone is up. My last shoot I had my iPhone as back up and it worked fine leading me to believe that my issues are with the CrystalSky.

I have reset the CrystalSky numerous times. Downloaded the new firmware numerous times even trying to download via wifi - that didn't work so tried downloading it to a micro sd card and that didn't work. So what now? I asked DJI (obviously no help) and all I got in response was the steps are already completed above. When I reset my CrystalSky the version keeps showing V03.00.02.00 - I have read that there are issues with this version. Does anyone know what to do?

Thank you
Same thing happens to me it seems like a really unstable device running old *** Android 6. I use my iPhone 13 Pro Max always now and SO much better flying experience it’s like an entirely new drone it’s great! That crystal sky is junk in my opinion. Laggy POS. Another friend who just bought an I2 with an X7 just messaged me out of the blue saying the exact same thing too asking if I had issues with mine. I reset mine a bunch too and didn’t do anything. I would try another device. I’ll probably sell my 7.85” ultra soon it sucks.

I still have the CS as backup, but am using a TriplTek tablet. Much better IMHO

Hello All,

I was able to fix the issue! So what I did was reset my CrystalSky (7.85'') then downloaded the CrystalSky Firmware (7.85'') v02.06.06.00 firmware onto a micro SD card from CrystalSky - Download Center - DJI. Then I put the micro SD card with the Firmware v02.06.06.00 into the CrystalSky (7.85'') and updated the CrystalSky to that firmware. I did this about three times before it started working.. meaning it was finally showing v02.06.06.00 but my last attempt was different because I kept the micro SD card in the CrystalSky.. so maybe thats it?

To clarify, download the firmware to a micro SD card, insert the micro SD card into the CrystalSky, do a "Local Update" on the CrystalSky via the micro SD card and keep the card inserted even after you're done with the update, just leave it in there. Give it about 3 to 5 try's. Information on how to do a local install is on CrystalSky Firmware Upgrade Guide which is down on that link above.

I have flown around 7 times with zero issues while flying. The only issue I am having now is that the Map Box in the bottom left is black and shows nothing. But thats ok I guess because I can always view my Iphone app to check for restricted areas etc.

Good Luck.

Hello All,

I was able to fix the issue! So what I did was reset my CrystalSky (7.85'') then downloaded the CrystalSky Firmware (7.85'') v02.06.06.00 firmware onto a micro SD card from CrystalSky - Download Center - DJI. Then I put the micro SD card with the Firmware v02.06.06.00 into the CrystalSky (7.85'') and updated the CrystalSky to that firmware. I did this about three times before it started working.. meaning it was finally showing v02.06.06.00 but my last attempt was different because I kept the micro SD card in the CrystalSky.. so maybe thats it?

To clarify, download the firmware to a micro SD card, insert the micro SD card into the CrystalSky, do a "Local Update" on the CrystalSky via the micro SD card and keep the card inserted even after you're done with the update, just leave it in there. Give it about 3 to 5 try's. Information on how to do a local install is on CrystalSky Firmware Upgrade Guide which is down on that link above.

I have flown around 7 times with zero issues while flying. The only issue I am having now is that the Map Box in the bottom left is black and shows nothing. But thats ok I guess because I can always view my Iphone app to check for restricted areas etc.

Good Luck.
So this is actually some older FW you have installed?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop