Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Need help

Reaction score
I have had the "no signal" issue with the inspire since the previous firmware update. Now I get all excited for the new firmware to hopefully fix my issues and put me back in the air. I get home, update my RC, update the app, plug in my SD card with the .bin file and...nothing. The inspire 1 power ups just like normal, no update process at all. Starting to think it's a bad camera...and which makes me feel like I'm spinning in circles and wasting my time and have wasted my money.

Can I assume you updated the A/C and battery/ies first with the RC off, before updating the RC? Did you put the FW bin file on a formatted card? Have you tried a different card? So many variables here, best of luck.

I have had the "no signal" issue with the inspire since the previous firmware update. Now I get all excited for the new firmware to hopefully fix my issues and put me back in the air. I get home, update my RC, update the app, plug in my SD card with the .bin file and...nothing. The inspire 1 power ups just like normal, no update process at all. Starting to think it's a bad camera...and which makes me feel like I'm spinning in circles and wasting my time and have wasted my money.
Check this out..Screenshot_2015-08-04-22-27-22.png

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
Machine should be updated first and defiantly with RC off.
However, after you had updated the RC did you put the SD back into a PC and remove the text file saying update successful

As this thread was entitled 'Need Help' I have moved it to the "Help" section! :)

I attempted the update to the ac first with the RC off. But the app was updated (if that makes any difference) for when I had to take the ac out of travel mode. the card I used is the same card they send with the i1 and I also tried one of my other formatted cards with no difference. I used a usb to update my RC and yes I removed the text file afterward. I am heading to work now so I can't attempt anything else until later tonight. I apologize for posting in the wrong section I was flustered last night lol

So I got home from work. Attempted reformatting my sd card. Reapplying the .bin file and re attempting the update. Still to no avail. I have checked the ribbon cables, fully removed the sd card, tried different fully charged batteries and tried different formats rather than the default for the sd cards. Does anyone else have any other ideas?

So I got home from work. Attempted reformatting my sd card. Reapplying the .bin file and re attempting the update. Still to no avail. I have checked the ribbon cables, fully removed the sd card, tried different fully charged batteries and tried different formats rather than the default for the sd cards. Does anyone else have any other ideas?
Is it possible for you to borrow another camera to see if that's your problem? ?
Also can you confirm the ac took the update ??

I'm wondering if you have a bad USB port on your rc or possibly a unhappy cable. .
just throwing that out there. ..
I was beginning to consider the bad USB port as well. But sadly I do not have another camera I can plug in, no one around me has one that I am aware of. And another sad note is my 2nd remote was a slave remote and it is now basically a paper weight. It doesn't respond to anything. Won't even update

Have you tried reformatting the SD card in the A/C? Just an idea.
Was the A/C txt file success?
I updated my APP first as well, and I don't remove txt files after each battery update, I just check it for "success".
Remember be patient it takes a while to start and complete. Other than that get onto DJI live chat, hope you sort it. Good luck.

Last edited:
Sounds like you need to reset the RC to factory condition and them update it.
I can give you access to a reset patch file if you need it.
Let me know..

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Sounds like you need to reset the RC to factory condition and them update it.
I can give you access to a reset patch file if you need it.
Let me know..
I think that would be what I need. Because I don't really have many options left before I have to send it off to dji and they find some way to charge me for fixing me. I have tried reformatting the sd, basically I have tried just about everything I can find from online research. And I really don't want to send it in, just going to cost me more money. So if there is a reset patch for the aircraft and the RC I think that could be the next course of action.

I think that would be what I need. Because I don't really have many options left before I have to send it off to dji and they find some way to charge me for fixing me. I have tried reformatting the sd, basically I have tried just about everything I can find from online research. And I really don't want to send it in, just going to cost me more money. So if there is a reset patch for the aircraft and the RC I think that could be the next course of action.
Start a conversation with the aviator and ask him to help get your rc working. .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop