Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New cam tomorrow? DJI.com has a teaser now

Can't believe all the chinese leaks with info about Apple's new products today: iPhone 6S, Apple TV, iPad Pro etc. despite Apple's efforts to keep them secret. But not one single chinese leak about DJI products. How do they do it?

Reactions: james tulloch
Camera?As far as I know DJI's reputation it will be sold at the end of 2016.Promises are 18 months ahead.
Or is it the handheld so I can run around POI with it?

Reactions: RichardB
I say I2 announcement, and anything I1-related like camera, handheld mount etc will just disappear into oblivion and be forgotten for ever like happened with the Lightbridge :D

Reactions: DustyVisor
I say I2 announcement, and anything I1-related like camera, handheld mount etc will just disappear into oblivion and be forgotten for ever like happened with the Lightbridge :D
for me, I still enjoy lightbridge on an older rig and for sending handheld camera feeds wirelessly.

Sure, we do too... but the iOS app never officially came out even now 1.5 years after release, no updates in ages, lots of stuff that was requested never came etc and it seems these things will just never happen.

Reactions: PB30X
I don't think they would release an I2 just yet. That why they made the camera/gimbal so easily upgradable. The camera lens in the image leans the announcement more towards a new camera than just a handheld mount. The handheld was already announced anyways, so it wouldn't merit this kind of hype.
Im hoping for a new camera, bigger sensor, better focus, optical zoom would be cool.

It says "1:1,7/15 ASPH o46"

That describes a lens:
  • 1:1,7 means that the lens' aperture is f/1.7, as compared to the current camera's f/2.8. This would be interesting on an actual camera's lens, but I don't see how that's of much use on a drone.
  • 15 means a 15mm equivalent focal length. This is wide, compared to 20mm of the current lens.
  • ASPH means "aspherical", which describes a lens feature that is intended to maintain image sharpness at the edges.
  • o46 means that it will accept 46mm filters. So all of the 37mm filters you just bought are useless.
I am hoping that this is the Black Magic camera/gimbal option that we have been reading about. But that's an odd way to tease it.

Reactions: Midnightrider
I forgot that we are expecting a Micro Four Thirds camera. With its crop factor of 2.0x, that comes to 30mm equivalent. So pretty wide, but not very wide.
Might could be this lens:
Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm f/1.7 ASPH Review | PhotographyBLOG
This lens would be better:
Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12mm f/2.0 Lens (Black) V311020BU001
If they've gone to a 30mm equivalent F1.7 lens they would need to have an adjustable aperture and probably focus too?
And that all adds weight - much more weight than the current camera.
Maybe they have borrowed from the Panasonic/Leica lens but I doubt they would go for a 46mm diameter lens taken straight from a terrestrial camera because of the weight factor.

30mm equivalent would make harder to get big subjects in and take a lot more shots for panoramas.
12mm F2.0 would make more sense for an all round lens.
Stay tuned.

Based on speculation and some hints from dealers, I would suspect the item(s) released tomorrow will be add ons or upgrades more than a new Inspire.

Reactions: ianwood
Apparently this guy has it all figured out. Let's see if he's right.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    323.6 KB · Views: 165
Micro 4/3 with optical zoom makes a lot of sense, especially with interchangeable lens possibilities! Please, Please...:cool::D:cool:

Reactions: PB30X

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool