Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New cam tomorrow? DJI.com has a teaser now

Does it have zoom capabilities ??
Doesn't look like it.

Zoom is a major pain on a brushless gimbal as all decently sized zooms change length and thus balance. Making it work on a BLG would require a small camera sensor and lens block like found in handheld camcorders, but unfortunately people have been pushing for one year for the opposite i.e. large sensor and big lens so that's what they've likely been working on.
Would need 2 different products for both purposes. One high quality cam with big sensor and no zoom, and one smaller sensor, less good cam about comparable to the current one but with zoom.

I also wonder how "interchangeable" that lens would be as well... again for balance reasons. Can't really see if there's a possibility to move the whole block forward/back on the inner arm, but even if there is the adjustment range will obviously be limited.

What's interesting (if legit) is that it doesn't reuse the I1 camera connection.

15 means a 15mm equivalent focal length. This is wide, compared to 20mm of the current lens
No, on MFT lenses like on any interchangeable lens the marked focal is the lens' real FL. And 15mm on MFT is a 30mm equivalent.

Was just thinking the same thing! I hope price range is not much higher than the old camera. Im guessing $600-800

if that is the rumoured black magic cam, and it could be as the one in those photos look like this Blackmagic Design: Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera

i guess it will $1k++

im also guessing from the size that its heavy and it will probably be seeing flight times go down to about 10 mins

If that new gimbal plate is legit it isn't going to fit in the box any more.
If this is really true and we're going to get a MFT camera for the Inspire I will be retiring my S900. This will mean that my Inspire can do everything I need.

Reactions: sirnikolas
Looking at those pictures, I see two rings on that lens. This might indicate zoom.
The lens has the DJI logo on it by the looks of things too so maybe it's an all-in-one with a fixed lens. That would make sense as DJI could then balance it and not run the risk of people trying to fit unsupported lenses on to a MFT lens mount. Although I do see a lock / unlock symbol where the lens transitions in to the body.
I can see how they could do zoom with a motorized counter weight that compensates for the change in COG of the camera as the lens elements move.

We shall see tomorrow.

Zoom (or a set of different fixed FLs, but zoom is of course more flexible) can give you perspectives and visual effects you can't get by just flying closer with a wide lens.

Watch from about 1min on.

Last edited:
If so, what do we reckon? $1500 for the camera without lens? That would seem to be in line with DJI's pricing.

I'm scared to find out... It's going to hurt eitherway.. :)
considering the M4/3 body along could be pushing close to 1000, add the gimbal.. probably a fair guess ? less than 15 hrs till we find out.

LKC beat me to it but here's the Leica and leaked Inspire 1 lens side by side. Looks pretty darn identical. My guess is $1000+ most likely $1500+
lensvsleica.jpg

Source: New Inspire 1 camera leaked DJI Inspiration Event | Quadcopter Guide

How happen that its almost a crime to add a 7g filter to the inspire but this objective works?

i'm not sure what they will, a lense like that have to be heavy. probably they have a modified version to make it lighter? i don't thing they will launch something that will eat ago 5/9 minutes of flight time.

The Panasonic version of that lens weighs 115 grams + the camera has to be a lot more solid than the existing one.
Google translate on the leak mentioned above says ..
Life has shrunk to 10 minutes basically a foregone conclusion .

Word is no zoom, proper aperture and 10min max flight time.
Fine if you are after higher quality video, not quite sure it will be that much better for stills though.

Translating that Chinese page I get:

Dajiang Yiba Home update yesterday, when the new release should be to you, test for so long, the end of the rushing performance of friends.
Judging from the spy photos, so big balls hanging below, the small weight and windage not, Inspire originally inferior spirit life 3 worrisome.Because the center of gravity of the problem while the head of the new camera should still can not zoom, but it is possible to APP aperture control.Life has shrunk to 10 minutes basically a foregone conclusion.
But rest assured.ʱ??ʱ??Wu + 2 new balls will definitely reach 20,000 over the price!ʱ??Prepare your kidneys around it.ʱ??ʱ??ʱ??Wu 1 2 upgrade Egg prices estimated at around 8,000.

So based on that it looks like no zoom but adjustable iris. They also speculate 8K Yuan (about $1200 USD). And they also speculate that it reduces battery life to 10 minutes. Bear in mind, these are speculations :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela