Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Firmware v1.3.0.00 Aug 4 2015

Question (sorry if it's already been covered):
Should I fully charge then discharge all of my batteries down to 5% AFTER performing the update, not before? Someone's comment earlier threw me off.
Thanks.

I did mine AFTER. I think it will only have an effect because the new FW needs to be in the battery to see the cycle and do the new calc.

I can tell you on my 4500 battery, it had ZERO change in the calculated life and actually lowered the capacity a bit.

Before the FW update I had 4385 mAh, 92% life and 32 Charge cycles. After the FW Update, Charge/Discharge/Charge I had 4211 mAh, 92% life and 34 Charge cycles.

I still have 3 more batteries to do.

Should I fully charge then discharge all of my batteries down to 5% AFTER performing the update, not before? Someone's comment earlier threw me off.
Thanks.

Thanks.
You need to do the battery reset AFTER updating the FW to reset the maximum charge to close to the rated value.

sorry i havent read all 11 pages but i have a question about the ability to revert to previous firmware. has anyone done this or know how it works? can you use any previous version you want? only the previously released version? or only the previously installed version prior to this update even if its 5 versions older? Any info on this subject is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

only 1.2.1.06 works - all other includiing SDK do not work - at my remote control even 1.2.1.06 did not work

Hi - im a newbie with my Inspire, and hope its not a stupid question - just got the firmware updated, got interrupted after the 2 rc and the copter itself. But where do i see what FW there is on the batteri?

edit: Seems to be all ok!

Last edited:
Updating... noticed that the LED's light up on each motor for the ESC upgrade, and then the da da da dat! after each one.(4). Also, the camera goes limp and just kinda bobbles around a little bit (never seen that before in a FW update).... she's just finishing up.
I down loaded the software, normal procedure. Put the card in the aircraft but the upgrade did not start. At least there is non DDDD. Not sure what I have done wrong. Back light is blinking yellow. I have done this several times now without problem. Does it take a long time or the DDDD to start. Any suggestions?

Reactions: Dallasfreak
I down loaded the software, normal procedure. Put the card in the aircraft but the upgrade did not start. At least there is non DDDD. Not sure what I have done wrong. Back light is blinking yellow. I have done this several times now without problem. Does it take a long time or the DDDD to start. Any suggestions?

Did you have the RC switched off?

make sure you put the .bin file and not the folder in the sd. delete everything else on the SD, sometimes it will affect it.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Update:

So after committing to that fact I will not get the SDK back. All my 1.3 updates on everything went without a hitch. I1 took a good 20 min, controllers were quick and batteries all updated when used. Finally flew last night and everything was perfect as far as flight and distance was great. I flew all five batteries down to there 5%.

Some things I noticed were:

-Speed seems to be less
-One major thing was the camera in auto mode is taking in way to much light and camera view was almost white. I had to switch to manual and adjust to be able to see. Anyone else have this problem and any solutions?

Last edited:
Some things I noticed were:

-Speed seems to be less
-One major thing was the camera in auto mode is taking in way to much light and camera view was almost white. I had to switch to manual and adjust to be able to see. Anyone else have this problem and any solutions?
speed less in gps mode? atti mode? or both? What was your camera ev setting? Took me a while to figure out that the wheel on the right side changes this value and when i first got my inspire i accidentally turned it without realizing and got my exposure all out of wack.

I did the updates without any major problems. I did not recalibrate anything, but I will today. My range is better and I still got 50+ MPH with her.

One thing I noticed, it is 95+ degrees out here in TX, is that on the second battery I was starting to get Lag. My battery was almost 60C when it happened and had a high temp of 62C. So I'm assuming everything else was just as hot, including the camera.

Do we need to design a fan, or airfoil that helps cool the bird down? What are others experiencing?

I noticed I was getting 40mph and Didier not fly ATTI, but this was the first flight and I did not check the EV so will do that and update

I did the updates without any major problems. I did not recalibrate anything, but I will today. My range is better and I still got 50+ MPH with her.

One thing I noticed, it is 95+ degrees out here in TX, is that on the second battery I was starting to get Lag. My battery was almost 60C when it happened and had a high temp of 62C. So I'm assuming everything else was just as hot, including the camera.

Do we need to design a fan, or airfoil that helps cool the bird down? What are others experiencing?
every time ive had video lag it was due to the device used to view the video feed overheating. Id think the props would provide enough airflow to keep the bird cool, check your tablet temps, ;)

Just updated the AC & Batteries FW to v1.3.

I updated my iPad Mini to v2.0 of the DJI GO app.

Now I'm ready to update the RC FW using the DJI GO app.

Must the AC be powered-up while updating the RC?

Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop