Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Firmware v1.3.0.00 Aug 4 2015

Not successful today with the update of the AC. 25 minutes all went well with the D-D-D-D piep, than it went to a continuous piep which didn't stop. text file says:
Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.

tried it again, changed to continues piep already after one minute. same with another battery. Anybody can help?

Not successful today with the update of the AC. 25 minutes all went well with the D-D-D-D piep, than it went to a continuous piep which didn't stop. text file says:

tried it again, changed to continues piep already after one minute. same with another battery. Anybody can help?
make sure everything else is deleted on the SD except for the .bin... for some reason that stopped me from updating yesterday.

I test flew it with the new Go app and downgraded to old FW. It behaves different now and drifts more. Also lost GPS mode for no reason even though had 17 sats. Does not feel safe to fly. Im out of options now as i can't upgrade and can´t get the old pilot app back.

OK so I was able to downgrade to v1.2.1.06 and it show it in the app but it will not upgrade to the beta at this point.

I test flew it with the new Go app and downgraded to old FW. It behaves different now and drifts more. Also lost GPS mode for no reason even though had 17 sats. Does not feel safe to fly. Im out of options now as i can't upgrade and can´t get the old pilot app back.

Wonder if i should upgrade the drone again and let the controllers have the old FW. Maybe better than all FW old? I guess best option is not to fly.

Yup it is official folks you can indeed downgrade to the version 1.2.1.06 on DJI but you will not be able to put the BETA back on that has the SDK.

Here is my procedure to reset the RC, upgrade the RC to the latest FW and clear the "Upgrade Required" message.
Please note, I have hosted both patch files on one of my websites..

1. First download this RC reset patch file by putting it on a pen-drive and update the RC with it.
http://www.weymouth-angling.co.uk/gs_ofdm.bin
2. Then turn off the RC, reconnect the ipad/android and delete the existing DJI Go App, then download it again and re-install it.
3. Restart the RC and then start the newly installed DJI GO App.
4. Click the "Upgrade Required" message and in the next section the App will offer to download the latest FW file and install it, click "download FW file" and when it has downloaded, install it.
5. After restarting the RC you might get the "Upgrade Required" message, if so apply this patch file.
http://www.weymouth-angling.co.uk/C1_FW_V01.02.0021.bin
6. After restarting the RC check the "About" section to find the RC is now running on the latest FW.

UPDATE
Patch files now removed for security reasons

Last edited:
make sure everything else is deleted on the SD except for the .bin... for some reason that stopped me from updating yesterday.

I could actually update AC but not the RC´s. Anyway the support told me to try this and it might be worth a try.

1. Format the SD on your PC and then add the file.
2. If that don´t work try another SD card.

Did not do it for me but give it a go.

Reactions: kirtc

Same thing happened to me using the lexar micro SD card that came with the Inspire, I used a different micro SD card and it worked.

This is the one I used:

Samsung 64GB PRO Class 10 Micro SDXC up to 90MB/s with Adapter (MB-MG64DA/AM) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IVPU88U/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_6HLWvb25DYMGS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My problem seem to be resolved now. I downgraded AC and the updated again. RC failed again first with USB stick and card reader. But when trying my last option connecting the camera it WORKED!
The manual seem to indicate that you should update through the camera. They could perhaps be more clear about that. Anyway, I'm happy again. Don´t know why it did not work first time i tried update through camera though.

e. It will take approximately 10 minutes to complete the firmware update. The camera will sound a beeping sound and the Status LED on the remote controller shows solid blue to indicate the update is in progress. The Status LED on remote controller shows solid green and beeping

sound will stop if the upgrade is completed with success.

Anyone notice a difference to camera image,moire patterns etc with new firmware?

What E&G settings are you currently using?

These are mine, but PLEASE don't take my word or adjust in large adjustments. Fly, land and change a bit, fly, land and change a bit. I would advise not to do it while flying and SORRY I know it's been said before. Change at your own risk.

So here's what I like, though I will tweak little more.
Gain and Expo - 0.30 on all 3 curves.
Sensitivity - Attitude 80 and brake 90
Gain - all 4 at 100 (when I'm happy with the others I will look to change these last)

These are mine, but PLEASE don't take my word or adjust in large adjustments. Fly, land and change a bit, fly, land and change a bit. I would advise not to do it while flying and SORRY I know it's been said before. Change at your own risk.

Gain - all 4 at 100 (when I'm happy with the others I will look to change these last)

Is that setting optimized for smith camera work?

Is that setting optimized for smith camera work?

No that's how I like it. Yes it's smoother for me, but charge your batteries and play. I go to a field fly at 10ft, check, land, adjust again and again until a) I can see/feel each input happening and b) try and understand the consequences of the change whether it's good/bad to my type of flying.

Just my 2p worth.

Pretty much what I'm currently using, anything looser is out of my comfort zone.

My update went smoothly. A/C took about 23 minutes. Each controller took about 5 minutes. but I didn't time them. Both of my controllers are the models ending in "A". All four batteries also took the update w/o any issues.

Was able to use a thumb drive. Now charging / discharging / charging 4 batteries.

Probably won't fly until tomorrow. I have an Android, so won't be able to try out many of the new app features until DJI updates the Android app.

I am not sure if this is going to be an issue or not. I just updated my app on my iPhone 6Plus, the firmware on the aircraft, and the radio. I then noticed when checking the .txt file to confirm success that the dates on the files were Dec. 31, 2097, 11:00pm.
Anyone else seen this? Will this be an issue?

BTW my RC is model nr GL 658A. They said at support if you have a model ending with a B it won´t upgrade. But mine should. I actually have 2 RC´s and nne of them update

Definitely not true! I have two B - both upgraded without problems but after upgrade 3rd party apps show 0% battery. No idea if this problem comes from the RC. Support could not help they said something of a battery firmware problem - however I really think they have no idea what they say.

My update went smoothly. A/C took about 23 minutes. Each controller took about 5 minutes. but I didn't time them. Both of my controllers are the models ending in "A". All four batteries also took the update w/o any issues.

Was able to use a thumb drive. Now charging / discharging / charging 4 batteries.

Probably won't fly until tomorrow. I have an Android, so won't be able to try out many of the new app features until DJI updates the Android app.
How did you update the RC?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207