Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Firmware v1.3.0.00 Aug 4 2015

Reactions: Aviator
6ebf666f116eb1d28dbf0b3cee1b9b03.jpg

Updating the AC Now[emoji15]! Taking Longer than Normal.. STRANGE BEHAVIOR lol..

Here is the full procedure that I performed to reset my RC, upgrade to the latest FW and clear the "Upgrade Required" message.
First I applied this RC reset patch file by putting it on a pen-drive and updated the RC with it.
File is here
Then I turned off the RC, reconnected my ipad and restarted the RC,
The RC offered to download the latest FW file via the app and install it which I did (FW version 1.3.20)
After restarting the RC I had the dreaded "Upgrade Required" message, so I applied this patch file.
File is here
After restarting the RC I checked the "About" section to find the RC is now running on the latest FW.
I hope this is useful info for someone..

Flew a few more batts through my update, things look good. My distance is back...took it too 4100ft today, still had plenty of signal left to go further,
Excellent, that is good to know.
I look forward to testing mine again when the wind drops and the rain stops!

For those who need a rough time estimate. The aircraft completed the update @20min flat.. Batteries @2min flat.. Waiting on the RC as I'm awaiting its completion[emoji6]!! Early flight tomorrow and can't Waite to see if she still has a crooked eye[emoji12]!! Good Luck to those who did not update yet[emoji6]!!

Can anyone confirm if the update can be done if you are using an android devise. the wording in not very clear. it does not say the pilot app will not work.
Hi Brad I can confirm you can update whilst on Android, the AC, batteries, RC and camera all updated OK no issues. I'm still using the now "old" DJI pilot app think it's 1.2.0 but its not the DJI Go app. The rc took about 15mins the camera goes really weird, limp and spins around loads and the batteries update the same as before. I've flown through 2 of 4 batteries so far and all seems to be good. It's a little unstable compared to before but it is really windy here at the moment. So in hoping it's that and nothing to do with the update.
Looking for some help,
Updated A/C with new firmware with no issues , Used the SD Card and updated first remote ( Beeping for a few minutes ) which worked with no issues however the second remote just kept beeping for 20 minutes . I turned off the remote and re did the process with just more continuous beeping , Tried a third time and nothing happens , I can still connect to the AC and everything works fine.

Is there a way to tell if the RC update was successful ? Not sure where to proceed from here

AC Is done all good and one RC is done with no issues , The second remote wont load and on the Ipad display it says to update firmware but no luck with SD card in USB

Hey
Here is the full procedure that I performed to reset my RC, upgrade to the latest FW and clear the "Upgrade Required" message.
First I applied this RC reset patch file by putting it on a pen-drive and updated the RC with it.
File is here
Then I turned off the RC, reconnected my ipad and restarted the RC,
The RC offered to download the latest FW file via the app and install it which I did (FW version 1.3.20)
After restarting the RC I had the dreaded "Upgrade Required" message, so I applied this patch file.
File is here
After restarting the RC I checked the "About" section to find the RC is now running on the latest FW.
I hope this is useful info for someone..
, I followed your instructions but still no luck . When i check the about section there no indication of firmware number

Have altered the title of this thread to include version number and date otherwise 'New Firmware' titles can get very confusing.

Reactions: sirnikolas
Hey

, I followed your instructions but still no luck . When i check the about section there no indication of firmware number
Just to be clear..
You have put the first patch file in the root of a usb pen-drive that is formatted with fat32?
There are NO other files on the pen-drive.
Turned OFF the RC, inserted the pen-drive and Turned ON the RC

Just to be clear..
You have put the first patch file in the root of a usb pen-drive that is formatted with fat32?
There are NO other files on the pen-drive.
Turned OFF the RC, inserted the pen-drive and Turned ON the RC
Correct , First file made the RC Beep , Went from red to aqua to blue , beeped for about 3 minutes then a 5 second break then more beeping for a 3 minutes then it stops , removed that file and then loaded then loaded your second patch file on a clean pen drive but nothing happens just show red light on RC, Yes both USB were formatted at fat 32

Anyone else getting much better range? Sorta noticed it through beta but now I am sure I have better range. 4400+ meters where I used to get 2000. I only turned around because of the battery and a head wind on my way back.

yHaJxPE.jpg

Last edited:
Correct , First file made the RC Beep , Went from red to aqua to blue , beeped for about 3 minutes then a 5 second break then more beeping for a 3 minutes then it stops , removed that file and then loaded then loaded your second patch file on a clean pen drive but nothing happens just show red light on RC, Yes both USB were formatted at fat 32
So you didn't follow my instructions completely..
In between applying the first patch and the second patch you should reconnect your ipad/android device and let the App download the latest FW and install it.
When that has completed you should then apply the second patch to stop the "Upgrade Required Message"

So you didn't follow my instructions completely..
In between applying the first patch and the second patch you should reconnect your ipad/android device and let the App download the latest FW and install it.
When that has completed you should then apply the second patch to stop the "Upgrade Required Message"
Hey Aviator It worked thank you so much . I had to deleted the app and download it while connected to the RC then it showed up with the" download firmware button" which worked fine , I then tried to do the second patch but nothing happened but everything is working perfect , the second RC now shows correct firmware update , Bloody frustrating a whole day wasted trying to get this sorted . any way thanks Mate

Hey Aviator It worked thank you so much . I had to deleted the app and download it while connected to the RC then it showed up with the" download firmware button" which worked fine , I then tried to do the second patch but nothing happened but everything is working perfect , the second RC now shows correct firmware update , Bloody frustrating a whole day wasted trying to get this sorted . any way thanks Mate
Happy Days!
I am pleased you got it sorted..

Reactions: turbodronepilot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo