Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New guy over here

Reaction score
Hey all, before I purchase I still have some unanswered question I want to tidy up.
1. Is the I1 (drone software, DJI website, editing software) completely compatible with Mac?
2. Does anyone know of any coupons or special offers (discounts, lets call it that) that are being offered?

Many thanks!

Hey Horton. .
welcome. .
yes ios is a complete as possible at this point..
I don't hear many complaints about it these days..lol..
I'm not aware of any editing software that's provide with the i1..
depending on where you live you might be able to purchase an I1 from someone out of state that doesn't charge sales tax..
that's the only way I know how to get a i1 at a discount price...
I suggest copter shop or Amazon. .or better yet buy at copter shop through Amazon.com and you can't go wrong. .
happy flying. .
turbo. ...

Hi Horton

The I1 pilot app is fully compatible with iOS 8 devices such as the iPad Mini (2 & 3) and iPad Air 2. I have had no problems connecting directly to the I1 using the MacBook Pro to extract the data logs (not that you can edit them) and I have used Adobe Bridge, Photoshop, Lightroom and Premiere Pro (latest CC versions) to process the images and videos.

DJI are pretty strong on preventing suppliers offering discounts. At the recent UK Photography Show, where I brought mine, the resellers were offering free batteries and discounts off of training as the only incentives.

Thank you all very much for your advice! As pilots yourself do you find it easy to control the drone and camera all at once? Thanks!

good question. short answer ,no. its not easy, but if you learn how the craft "thinks" and operates, and read the entire manual, learn to fly without thinking about the flying part, then you can concentrate on being a photographer or videographer. so, it is a pretty complex mix of things, and things can go wrong for a million reasons. so have a blast, but be safe, and dont put anyone or anything in danger. cheers!

When flying with only 1 controller you can control the tilt of the camera but what about the yaw and roll? Hopefully they can be adjusted with the single remote but what about the app, can you change them in there?

When flying with only 1 controller you can control the tilt of the camera but what about the yaw and roll? Hopefully they can be adjusted with the single remote but what about the app, can you change them in there?

Yes, you can control the camera yaw + tilt with 1 controller. Either by
1.) using the wheel on the controller + the toggle button(switches the wheel between tilt/yaw)
or
2.) using your finger on the touch screen to move the camera (little weird but can get good results with practice)

As for ROLL: I don't think you can easily - there's a roll option in the app. What sucks about the I1 is the camera never seems to be level with the horizon.

Reactions: Horton

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters