Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Inispire 1 taking flight at Lake Tahoe

Reaction score
Website
ibareitall.com
taking-flight.jpg
This was taken at Commons Beach in Tahoe City where I usually practice. I have been learning how to hand catch as well since most of the area is sand and rocks and I usually take off fro a bench.

Mazz

Staff member
Reaction score
Sketchy to hand catch but nice if you are good at it. After seeing someones post here I bought one of those folding plastic tables to set up my gear in the field. It is pretty big and when you fold the legs down it makes for a great landing pad. I do a lot of work for a construction company and I am always landing in mud. You should see my landing gear. Always dirty.

Reactions: stevet
Reaction score
Website
ibareitall.com
Sketchy to hand catch but nice if you are good at it. After seeing someones post here I bought one of those folding plastic tables to set up my gear in the field. It is pretty big and when you fold the legs down it makes for a great landing pad. I do a lot of work for a construction company and I am always landing in mud. You should see my landing gear. Always dirty.
Yea the hand catch well isnt as bad as I thought it would be, its a bit intimidating with the bigger form factor than the phantoms. Basically I use the strap with the controller, then lower it down where the front is facing away from me and grab the battery pack, then kill the throttle. I was easier than I thought, of course do it at your own risk. I think ill use this method a lot since living in the Mountains doesn't give me to many flat areas :(

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pfritz66