New Inspire 2 firmware (November 13, 2017)

never mind. Just found out.
"in this mode you can fly with your inspire with slave controller as like with master. when the master moves something the slave is automaticaly disabled. this is for teaching.". Kinda cool. Perhaps I will let my boy fly the big bird!!!

Thanks. I will give it a try. At the moment I have been using a pen to push the middle of the button.

yeah, i gave up on the pen, too fiddly then figured there had to be an easier way - just make sure you hold one battery firmly in place to stop it ejecting when you press both buttons, then switch around. easier to do than explain

I had the App freeze up completely on me during flight yesterday. Happened twice. Ipad Mini 4, i always close all apps and reboot every couple flights.
Never had an issue like this before, ever. Happened right after cutting the take while wrapping the file.
Force quitting the app and relaunching worked.
Wondering if anyone has had issues with their devices on new firmware.
Hoping the mini 4 isn't becoming overloaded and on the way to obsolete with new firmware.

yeah, i gave up on the pen, too fiddly then figured there had to be an easier way - just make sure you hold one battery firmly in place to stop it ejecting when you press both buttons, then switch around. easier to do than explain

I do the same and it works well. Place one hand over nose cone to hold bird back, while (with other hand) holding one battery in place, depress both buttons allowing the free battery to release. Once the battery is released you can let go of the buttons and remove pressure from the battery you are trying to keep inserted. It's not necessary to hold the battery in while inserting the fresh battery because the fresh battery going in will only trigger its own release. Practice it a couple times when it's not mission critical. The first couple times, as NickU stated, I also accidentally released both and had to reboot. Didn't cause any problems for me but I would imagine it might be possible to cause some corrupt files if you loose power completely like that without proper shutdown.

Reactions: NickU
unless you've left the camera rolling when you hotswap, nothing should be lost if you accidentally power down. Even if you did still have the camera running, it'll most likely properly terminate the video file when it restarts.

You won't corrupt firmware in this way... that' why it's firmware not software

Reactions: 2B-Inspired
Good to know! My main concern would be any video files. I'd be the first to admit having brought her in to change batteries not realizing I was still rolling.

Reactions: Nasscar][
Where do you find this update? DJI is only showing the one for December 2017 as being available