Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Lightbridge antenna system....video inside....

Not sure that's correct. I've flown with 2 controllers, the slave's video cut out first since it wasn't modded at the time. I now have 2 amped controllers but haven't had a chance to test.

I also remember blade and ed saying that the slaves gets the signal directly from the inspire. We probably need to confirm to be certain :)

Tony from FPVLR had told me that you only needed to mod the Master RC as the slave RC takes everything from the Master RC.

Correct, the 5.8 is only used to talk to the master and slave. However, on the second controller, the HD feed uses 2.4Ghz directly from the Inspire and does not come from the master controller via 5.8.

If you want the slave tx to have similar HD video range as the master controller, you would probably want to mod both controllers.

Here is a message about this from RCGroups:

Originally Posted by tkeeg
If I'm not mistaken, DJI reps have said repeatedly that the SLAVE Tx gets the video image via the 2.4 GHz signal being received directly from the Inspire via the two antennas on it having to point at the Inspire and that the actual "control" signal, (to operate the camera), is controlled via the 5.8GHz signal that goes between the Master Tx and the Slave Tx.

Many others on this forum have complained about poor output video from their slave Tx's when operating them outside, only to find out that it was because they did not have their antennas pointing toward the Inspire.

Last edited:
So in the video, limitation was battery and not the signal? If so, I wonder if it possible to take it out as far as it will go and land it. Then go pick it up. Or have someone at the 4-5 mile mark to get it

I've taken my P3 out to 16,624 feet. Battery was spent by the time it got back but there were plenty of great places to land on they way back that I would feel comfortable driving to. And having a Trackimo, I could find it. I wonder what this will do with a signal amplifier.
Is anyone using a Trackimo on an Inspire? If so how are you mounting it?

Reactions: qbizzy
Tony from FPVLR had told me that you only needed to mod the Master RC as the slave RC takes everything from the Master RC.

Not accurate... if you are going for long range you will need high gain antennas on both controllers as people are mentioning above... I have tested this fully and it is fact... slave also receives video from the inspire so it needs to be modded and aimed to receive video at those distances.

Not sure how that would be useful myself but to each their own... when I'm flying long range and "in the zone" ... no way I'm letting anybody mess with the camera :confused:

Still working on the tutorial bro... 85% processed coming out of editing... then I gadda upload on my slow *** internet... but I'm getting there!! (took forever cuzz we had a crazy car accident in front of our house this afternoon that knocked out the power for hours)

Last edited:
Not accurate... if you are going for long range you will need high gain antennas on both controllers as people are mentioning above... I have tested this fully and it is fact... slave also receives video from the inspire so it needs to be modded and aimed to receive video at those distances.

Not sure how that would be useful myself but to each their own... when I'm flying long range and "in the zone" ... no way I'm letting anybody mess with the camera :confused:

Still working on the tutorial bro... 85% processed coming out of editing... then I gadda upload on my slow *** internet... but I'm getting there!! (took forever cuzz we had a crazy car accident in front of our house this afternoon that knocked out the power for hours)
Thanks for clearing that up. Come to think of it, I don't think it was Tony that had said that to me. I may have read it on a forum or facebook post.
Take your time on the tutorial!

Whilst we have you here, can I ask will my purchase be trackable all the way to my address?
Thanks!

Depends on where you are at... we ship USPS registered mail... we have had some customers email that the tracking doesn't show up because their country doesn't supply back tracking info to the U.S. system servers... and then some have solved that problem by getting off our U.S. server and going thru their own country's domestic server when the item hits customs on their side.

Reactions: sirnikolas
Pre-ordered one of these to try... just now... :cool:
I'll mod my spare controller and give the range a test... ;)
Stock... I'm getting video glitching at 400 ft up around 5000 ft out... :oops:
At 200 ft up only about 3000 ft out before it gets glitchy...
That's over open farmland here in the US midwest,,,
Bird is still under full control... just the video breaking up a bit...
If this doubles my range... at this price... I will be back for at least one more... :D

on edit... much later
I watched the promised install video that was posted overnight... not simple or quick is my thought on first watch, but not so hard I'm too scared to try... :p

Last edited:
I thought the installation looked pretty straight forward. At least the video made it look simple enough! :)

Reactions: sirnikolas
Cool, let us know once the install option is available online. I may order another antenna and have you do the mod on my P3 controller.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont