Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Lightbridge antenna system....video inside....

i just finished my installation, everything seems well, i took the opportunity and added a small circular polarised antenna for the 5.8Ghz module.

i noticed that when they say be careful they do mean it, its pretty easy to unplug or break he ribbons or any other peace. i ended up setting this up slightly diferent. i will post photos later on. so far pleased pending a flight test.

Quick mounting of amps.
uploadfromtaptalk1438546896756.jpguploadfromtaptalk1438546912277.jpg
Didn't get too far out, but cleaner spectrum of channels, and also seems to get better penetration through trees, buildings.
uploadfromtaptalk1438547042154.jpg
In all honesty, I would not add the amps. I like the lightness and compact, clean feel of the antennas and mount. The range is outstanding and is the best $109 investment for a strong solid signal.

Nice work getting everything to fit!! How far did you get out!? I get better range and penetration with the DBS and amps, so I'll keep that for home use. For travel, the DBS alone is more than sufficient!!

Quick mounting of amps.
View attachment 2969View attachment 2970
Didn't get too far out, but cleaner spectrum of channels, and also seems to get better penetration through trees, buildings.
View attachment 2971
In all honesty, I would not add the amps. I like the lightness and compact, clean feel of the antennas and mount. The range is outstanding and is the best $109 investment for a strong solid signal.

Nice work getting everything to fit!! How far did you get out!? I get better range and penetration with the DBS and amps, so I'll keep that for home use. For travel, the DBS alone is more than sufficient!!
About a mile out, but in town with lots of interference, still had good signal though. I already flew that far without amps and had good signal. Yes, the DBS without amps is all you need for travel and most purposes, very good range and penetration, and compact light feel of rc.

I decided to upgrade the other FPVLR with the DBS antenna. I like the linear drop in signal so I have time to increase height or turn around rather than it just completely dropping out. Here is the latest pic with both on DBS and Amps and one with the cool blue 4 inch low loss upgraded antenna leads!!

IMG_1498.JPG

The amps give the DBS a slight advantage opposed to running DBS without. I get more penetration and maybe an extra 1000-2000 feet of range give or take when I add the amps.

I have done several tests from my backyard using several combinations (stock, FPVLR, FLVLR with Amps, DBS, DBS with amps). Based on results, my preferred configuration is DBS with mods for both range and penetration. I've flown all over without having to reposition the controller when flying from 1 mile or less. Long range I keep a direct line of site from controller to craft. So hopefully that helps...

I am running the DBS antenna by itself and am really impressed with it!
My buddy has stock antenna setup (for now) and we made some comparisons.
I can pretty much take my i1 right down to the deck anywhere within a mile on relatively flat ground and have full signal while the stock setup would lose signal under 100 feet.
I could fly behind buildings with some signal loss and the stock setup would lose signal completely almost instantly after line of sight was lost.
The difference is quite amazing over the stock setup and for $109 is some of the best money I have spent on this hobby in a long time!

A year ago I was testing antennas that measured about 2'x3', now I have greater distance capabilities with a 3"x 6" format.....:D

So I had DBS Mods install the antenna and I got the RC back about 2 weeks ago, but today was really the first time I was able to test it out... But I never got past my pre-flight check as something seemed odd.

Maybe it's been a while since I've flown, but this doesn't seem right.

My gimbal jog wheel does not work and my right joystick now controls the pan/tilt function of the camera. So I didn't even try to lift off as I didn't know if I would have control of the craft or not.

I emailed DBSMods this morning asking about it but no reply. Am I missing something? Do I need to reset or do something different? I basically took it out of the box, and did a test.

Here is a video in case what I'm saying doesn't make sense. Any ideas? I'll be traveling for the next few weeks so I won't really be able to test a fix for a bit. But hoping someone might be able to give a direction.

Video: 20150828_163439000_iOS.MOV

Last edited:
So I had DBS Mods install the antenna and I got the RC back about 2 weeks ago, but today was really the first time I was able to test it out... But I never got past my pre-flight check as something seemed odd.

Maybe it's been a while since I've flown, but this doesn't seem right.

My gimbal jog wheel does work and my right joystick now controls the pan/tilt function of the camera. So I didn't even try to lift off as I didn't know if I would have control of the craft or not.

I emailed DBSMods this morning asking about it but no reply. Am I missing something? Do I need to reset or do something different? I basically took it out of the box, and did a test.

Here is a video in case what I'm saying doesn't make sense. Any ideas? I'll be traveling for the next few weeks so I won't really be able to test a fix for a bit. But hoping someone might be able to give a direction.

Video: 20150828_163439000_iOS.MOV
Hey Raider. ..
give dbs a call and see what he says and take it from there..
I didn't know a joystick on your master rc could control your gimble?? That doesn't sound right..proceed with cation..
turb...

Oh good, I'm not going crazy. I though it might've been set to slave, but looking at the app, the RC is set to master.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu