Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Osmo (Handheld) Now Availible

I would suggest that no one buys the osmo until they make it available without the camera. I purchased the Inspire after they first announced the hand held gimbal as I knew the X3 camera would serve a dual purpose. To have to purchase another camera at this point is disrespectful to all of us who purchased the Inspire 1 and have been loyal customers to DJI. The company needs to realise that having loyal customers requires a two way level of respect.

I would suggest that no one buys the osmo until they make it available without the camera. I purchased the Inspire after they first announced the hand held gimbal as I knew the X3 camera would serve a dual purpose. To have to purchase another camera at this point is disrespectful to all of us who purchased the Inspire 1 and have been loyal customers to DJI. The company needs to realise that having loyal customers requires a two way level of respect.
Take a deep breath. The cameraless version will come. As will spare batteries and most likely a version with the X5's.

If im wrong and DJI decides to sell it only with a camera then that is their business decision. If you don't like what they are offering, don't buy it.

I don't know why half the posts on these forums have to always be so negative instead of embracing this very cool technology.

Take a deep breath. The cameraless version will come. As will spare batteries and most likely a version with the X5's.

If im wrong and DJI decides to sell it only with a camera then that is their business decision. If you don't like what they are offering, don't buy it.

I don't know why half the posts on these forums have to always be so negative instead of embracing this very cool technology.
Couldn't agree more!

Couldn't agree more!
it is nice and cool. but at times frustrating. not everyone has the finacial funds to go buy the stuff like sugar as some here are doing it. i would profit from it in my business but have to wait to get all together to buy it. same stands for the x5r. ok i am more goal oriented and not leaping after every new product that is thrown out at us. but still,it is frustrating that having spentvso much already bearing in mind a 3k for two rc and one battery. add another 6 and a backup rig plus one seperate chargers is where i am at the moment which adds up to hell knows in USD, but it is a lot. i have to get that back and reinvest for more / new batteries and newer equiptment.
what they make is awesome stuff and breakthrough but not particulary nice regarding costumer base. that is what most people think feel at the moment. waiting for app to be what was promissed and not delivered only late and half done. other things have been released.
my 2 c

I don't appreciate being told to take a breath as it carries a very condescending tone. I am an African drone pilot with limited funds and a currency in free fall and the difference between purchasing the Osmo with or without a camera is a deal breaker for me. It is very easy to sit in the first world where $400 is a negligible expense and criticise others who do not have the same level of resources. I have invested heavily in the inspire and batteries etc and am using the equipment as a key part of my production company. I promote DJI products to other people and am very positive about the Inspire, but would like some brand loyalty in return. It would be a good gesture for dji to contact inspire owners and offer them the Osmo without a camera at a reduced price. This will do a lot to reduce the negative tone of a lot of the comments on this forum.

DJI has stated they will offer the OSMO without the camera and that it will be available "soon." I'm sorry your currency is plummeting and you feel disadvantaged but you are going to have to wait. DJI didn't promise anything to us. They don't owe any of us anything. They're a corporation whose sole purpose is to make money, and they're doing a great job of it.

As with every DJI product launch, we split into two camps. Those unhappy with a variety of factors about the product or the launch and those who are fine with waiting until more information and reviews are available. It's unproductive and tiresome.

Lastly, it's an unfair generalization to say that those of us in the first world can handle throwing down $400 like it's nothing. That's not the case and it's not fair to those who care a great deal about this hobby and sacrifice to save enough money to participate.

Sorry i don´t buy this thing i have heard several times before "DJI doesn't owe as anything", if you are a serious company that values your customers then you listen to what the customers want and try to work towards that, instead of making it unnecessary expensive and hard for the customers.
Its all about caring for your customers, when you have loyal customers you treat them good and show that you care about them and you even go the extra mile to make your customer satisfied, that way he will recommend your brand to other people and you will get more customers and a good reputation, which is worth very much.

If DJI has made a handheld gimbal handle that works with the old Inspire 1 camera but despite that they don´t sell it without the camera, that is not to care about your customers, that is to only think about money.
And sure a company needs to think about money, but there is nothing that says that you can't both think about money AND your customers.

And the more expensive price for European customers is for tax and customs and such according to many people, but as far as i know the items are made in China, wouldn't the tax apply to US buyers as well?

Last edited:
The answer i got when asking DJI China if they are going to sell the OSMO without the camera and what the difference is between the OSMO camera and the Inspire 1 camera they replied that they currently only sell the OSMO with Camera, and that they will keep following the requirement of OSMO without camera, if there is any news they will announce it on their official website.

They also said that the mechanical structure of the Osmo camera is redesigned for hand held use. The 3-axis gimbal can be flattened and locked, and the orientation of the tilt motor has been changed.
There are many small changes inside the camera and gimbal as well.

This was what they told me when asked about the OSMO.

Sorry i don´t buy this thing i have heard several times before "DJI doesn't owe as anything", if you are a serious company that values your customers then you listen to what the customers want and try to work towards that, instead of making it unnecessary expensive and hard for the customers.
Its all about caring for your customers, when you have loyal customers you treat them good and show that you care about them and you even go the extra mile to make your customer satisfied, that way he will recommend your brand to other people and you will get more customers and a good reputation, which is worth very much.

If DJI has made a handheld gimbal handle that works with the old Inspire 1 camera but despite that they don´t sell it without the camera, that is not to care about your customers, that is to only think about money.
And sure a company needs to think about money, but there is nothing that says that you can't both think about money AND your customers.

And the more expensive price for European customers is for tax and customs and such according to many people, but as far as i know the items are made in China, wouldn't the tax apply to US buyers as well?
I thought that the title of this thread was "Osmo (handheld gimbal)" and not "Lets all whine about DJI"

I thought that the title of this thread was "Osmo (handheld gimbal)" and not "Lets all whine about DJI"

And what did you bring to the discussion??

Yes maybe we should just accept everything that DJI does since they are the almighty DJI that can't be complained of.
Some people don´t keep quiet about things they think is wrong, then there are the people that are quiet because its easier and more comfortable.

And yes the thread is about OSMO, just as my post also was about the OSMO.

Reactions: Captain Salty
Although at first it seems ridiculous to not be able to purchase this without the camera however after some thought i,f and right now of course its if, the new camera will fit the inspire I think at 649.00 its a bit of a bargain as you gain all the function of the hand held gimble and with audio and upgrade the inspire at the same time. Further along those same lines of thought if they match price points and sell it with the x5 for $2299.00 i think more including myself will consider upgrading by way of Osmo.
The black X3 is not compatible with the Inspire 1

OSMO is $649 with X3 included. A replacement X3 for the Inspire 1 is $550.

I'd be willing to pay $199 for an OSMO (w/out camera). How bout it DJI? Sound like a deal?
Great math....too bad the OSMO X3 won't work on the Inspire 1.

Anything DJI makes sells so fast they have a hard time producing enough to follow. They made a successful business by finding the sweet spot where 90% of people who may complain about one of their products will still end up buying it anyway because regardless of how expensive or redundant it is it's so good and so easy to work with compared to any other comparable offering that it still ends up being worth it. They couldn't care less about the insignificant remaining 10%.

Last edited:
Reactions: m00se and Andreas
Inspire 1 brochure clearly states and promotes the forthcoming handheld accessory to be used with I1's gimbal.
This wasn't just a "nice to have" feature for me, it was a major reason for my decision to buy I1 in the first place.
I would expect at least a side note to I1 owners. This is a new product, not the one we're waiting for, the camera differs, the gimbal changes, wtf? This is not an X3, this is X3+ !

I like flying and do stuff with my bird, I want also to take the camera off and use it with it's gimbal, come on DJI, deliver what you promised, "a compatible" grip version for our X3, no matter if it's called OSMO or whatever!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips