Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Quick Release Props have a lifespan......

Will the 1345 props work with the inspire1? The reason I ask is that under accessories for the Inspire1 the quick release props are. 1345s.

gotcha, if you run a q tip with alcohlol on both thread surfaces of the black ones, you can remove the black residue, and they spin on real nice.
u know i noticed the black ones didnt spin on to well, i might try that and leave the top black or mark the side with colored sticker or tape on "wing not thred"

I am sure I missed a post some where but has anyone received there new quick release props and from where?

Yes. I ordered from DJI China on Monday, arrived today. Two sets of yellow tipped and two white tipped.

Only problem is mine are not marked. No white dot on either prop. Anyone have a white sharpie? LOL

has anyone looked at or have the pieces to try running the folding propellers off of an s900 or s1000? i think they are 15" so not sure if they would fit but would be a good test if someone has an s900 around....? Graupner is coming our with phantom props so maybe we can send them some emails and get them developing self tightening props in 13"

i think they are getting rid of the self tightening props altogether, all new inspire will ship with quick release. and dealers will be sent quick release to put in the inspire stock they have (those people are lucky they will get both props!). people who have already bought inspire might have to sign up to get directly from dji, or maybe through their dealers.

I think I'll just stick to the prop locks. I rarely take them off anyways. I pulled the back seat out of my Jeep Wrangler and it makes trasport very easy.

Reactions: Phatzo
has anyone looked at or have the pieces to try running the folding propellers off of an s900 or s1000? i think they are 15" so not sure if they would fit but would be a good test if someone has an s900 around....? Graupner is coming our with phantom props so maybe we can send them some emails and get them developing self tightening props in 13"
They will not fit and even if they did the pitch is different. The Inspire uses a tuned propulsion system and is not designed to swing larger/steeper props.
Even if they did fit you would have to calculate the increased loading on the drive system and would result in different flight dynamics as well as different flight times.
Sorry - that' s the price you pay for an out of the box tuned system.

Reactions: skylabimaging
u know i noticed the black ones didnt spin on to well, i might try that and leave the top black or mark the side with colored sticker or tape on "wing not thred"
Got a good advice.Put on a little alcohol on the black thread and it works much better after this.

They will not fit and even if they did the pitch is different. The Inspire uses a tuned propulsion system and is not designed to swing larger/steeper props.
Even if they did fit you would have to calculate the increased loading on the drive system and would result in different flight dynamics as well as different flight times.
Sorry - that' s the price you pay for an out of the box tuned system.
I also think that 15"props will hit the Inspire

Ok, all good did that. lined up the edges with the 'standard props' and painted the tops...NOW, how do I tell which one of the adapters fits on the appropriate motor? Its very confusing and I don't want to screw this up.! Thanks

I think I'll just stick to the prop locks. I rarely take them off anyways. I pulled the back seat out of my Jeep Wrangler and it makes trasport very easy.

JEEP ... mine is at the doctors... repairing... unfortunately I don´t have the space and tools to DIY at the moment... :( but will be really happy to get it back :) it´s a 93. (sorry to go REALLY OFF topic...) it´s a jeep thing no one would understand... we like to go "OFF" something LOL :D

Reactions: Highrpm955
Ok, all good did that. lined up the edges with the 'standard props' and painted the tops...NOW, how do I tell which one of the adapters fits on the appropriate motor? Its very confusing and I don't want to screw this up.! Thanks

when you look at the prop center nut you will see that either one side is lifted in one direction. when you try to spin it in your hand (or doing as if) you will get the idea in which direction the prop would go when installed. better to say the air would be down forced or up forced. when a right spinning i.e. CW is spinning left - CCW it will blow towards you instead of away from you...

I will try to make a pic and show what I mean.
m

the first image is off my HEX it has 13x6.5 so it is easier to see and explain.
so, when you go from the center point where the nut is and let´s say to the right in the pic you can see that the blade is thicker and bent up by default from the manufacturing process. the other side (left) is bent the opposite compared to the right. - meaning the air is shoveled under the right blade when spinning -> right

20150402_000857.jpg

on the inspire prop you can also see a thicker blade profile on the right also indicating that it will spin right since it has to shovel the air under the blade in order to take off and make enough down force to lift up the bird.
20150402_000956.jpg

hope I was clear enough... had to translate in my mind from German... a good friend of mine explained it to me once and I memod it in my mind :) :D
m

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool