Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Quick Release Props have a lifespan......

Reaction score
It appears the new mounting plates and props have an approximate lifespan of 200 flights.

These appear to be consumables.

So, either factor in the cost associated with the convenience of quick release or.... continue flying with the standard 13/45 props and prop locks.
The problem of course is all supply of standard props will dry up (assuming it ever started)

So, just be aware you will have to change out your props and locking mechanisms at regular intervals as the cams will wear on them.

Not a problem, but just a heads up for people who might think they are a fit and forget addition.

The Editor:The problem of course is all supply of standard props will dry up (assuming it ever started):D
Thankfully I'm still running my first set and spareprops are still in their original package.But I really like these quick release props.

The Editor:The problem of course is all supply of standard props will dry up (assuming it ever started):D
Thankfully I'm still running my first set and spareprops are still in their original package.But I really like these quick release props.

Yes - I'm still running my originals and the spares are in their airtight bag as new as they day they arrived. :)

Like I say..... Convenience has a price and there is no arguing that the new bayonet style quick fit props are, well... convenient but you will have to replace them AND the locking mechanism regularly..

My only concern are those black props which are more tighten when screwing them on.How will the thread hold when I put them on and off after 200 flights.Don't mind to put the propguards on.

My only concern are those black props which are more tighten when screwing them on.How will the thread hold when I put them on and off after 200 flights.Don't mind to put the propguards on.
That's the reason I actually like the original threaded props AND prop locks. Should a thread wear or give out you still have the added security of the prop lock. You would probably be aware of some bad vibration in flight should a thread strip (although unlikely) but you would hope the lock will keep the prop in place until you land so that gives a level of redundancy.
With the new system the entire integrity of the sytem is dependent on a bent piece of metal/spring :eek:
I think the new system is great for convenience and speed but has to be treated like a battery that will need replacing after a given lifespan/number of flights.

All moving parts have a life span that's a fact of mechanical life. What worries me more is the lack of maintenance info for the Inspire 1. The so called Maintenance Manual is a joke.

It appears the new mounting plates and props have an approximate lifespan of 200 flights.

So, either factor in the cost associated with the convenience of quick release or.... continue flying with the standard 13/45 props and prop locks.
The problem of course is all supply of standard props will dry up (assuming it ever started)

So, just be aware you will have to change out your props and locking mechanisms at regular intervals as the cams will wear on them.

Not a problem, but just a heads up for people who might think they are a fit and forget addition.
they are not getting rid of the self tightening props i hear... so

that is good news.
is it true that dji is sending these out free of charge to their distributors?

that is good news.
is it true that dji is sending these out free of charge to their distributors?
I have heard that is the case and had it confirmed yesterday by my dealer in the UK. I was told expect delivery mid April.

I would think the amount of times one removes and re-installs the props would have to be a big factor in total life span. I wonder how both dynamic braking and prop removal and re-installation are accounted for in the ~200 flight figure?

i dont think the new style uses the threads at all.

That's the reason I actually like the original threaded props AND prop locks. Should a thread wear or give out you still have the added security of the prop lock. You would probably be aware of some bad vibration in flight should a thread strip (although unlikely) but you would hope the lock will keep the prop in place until you land so that gives a level of redundancy.
With the new system the entire integrity of the sytem is dependent on a bent piece of metal/spring :eek:
I think the new system is great for convenience and speed but has to be treated like a battery that will need replacing after a given lifespan/number of flights.
Agreed.As long I will have my original props I will use them.No problem

Thanks for this. I was just about to pull the trigger on these--now I think I'll wait.

gotcha, if you run a q tip with alcohlol on both thread surfaces of the black ones, you can remove the black residue, and they spin on real nice.

Reactions: DustyVisor

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters