Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Nitecore DPE1, someone has it?

Would be nice! But I agree with dobmatt. These birds are fine tuned for a specific weight, with some allowance for additi9nal payload (heavier camera), but that just seems excessive.

I’m afraid we won’t truly get longer flight times until the next battery tech comes out, which is promising something like 10x capacity and 1/10th the charge time.

I wonder why they are showing TB55 batteries since we know these are not compatible with I2 firmware?

Two extra batteries only, disappointing. I want 6 extra batteries or better 8, and fly all day non stop ???
Haha, reminds me Lindbergh's dilemma about taking full set of maps or just a necessary sections while loading his Spirit of St.Louis for Atlantic crossing. Needless to say, the famous plane was modified and equipped with extra fuel tanks way beyond reasonable capacity, resulting in very unstable craft. Yet, he made the trip miraculously and win $25K prize!

Reactions: slim.slamma
I’m going to try to take the battery from a Tesla and duct tape it to my I2. Maybe I will get 3 days of flight time.
I have to say that that is pretty uninspiring idea.Though one the original inventor of that product sadly missed. How about a micro nuclear powerplant of the size of TB50. That would get me excited for sure.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with most of you with negative comments. As much as I like this forum, many users are often too quick to jump in with harsh opinions or to pounce mercilessly on users posts and make fun or to try to discredit them.

I'm an Industrial Designer and Part-107 pilot. I have both an Inspire2 and a Mavic Pro Platinum.

I like to see innovation. Sure, the first iterations may not be perfect but at least the thinking and development is occurring. I find nothing wrong with flying an extra battery for increased flight time. Who knows if the motors get hot, maybe they don't. So far I haven't seen any posts by someone who has used a rig like this so we have no real data and only conjecture. Is it an April fools trick, I don't think so? April 1st is just another day in many parts of the world. I believe it's just a coincidence.

So instead of being negative, opinionated and harsh, I'd like to see us be open-minded, more supportive and positive. I think the prospect of additional batteries has merit and is worth exploring. If it doesn't turn out to be a good idea after it's been used and vetted, then at least someone tried. It's the "not trying" and dismissal of ideas without even trying that limit what may have potential as we develop and fly these incredible machines.

Who knows if the motors get hot, maybe they don't. So far I haven't seen any posts by someone who has used a rig like this so we have no real data and only conjecture.
I don’t think the motors will overheat.
But umm @Dobmatt i ain’t mad at you.

As much as I like this forum, many users are often too quick to jump in with harsh opinions or to pounce mercilessly on users posts and make fun or to try to discredit them.
I can take it. I dish it out myself at times.
I like to see innovation. Sure, the first iterations may not be perfect but at least the thinking and development is occurring. I
That what it’s all about for me anyway.

Is it an April fools trick, I don't think so?
And that’s my dude on the Forum too
That’s kewl though. I’ll get ‘em back. Went out his way to throw me under the bus. Where @MrTVR on Holiday

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with most of you with negative comments. As much as I like this forum, many users are often too quick to jump in with harsh opinions or to pounce mercilessly on users posts and make fun or to try to discredit them.

I'm an Industrial Designer and Part-107 pilot. I have both an Inspire2 and a Mavic Pro Platinum.

I like to see innovation. Sure, the first iterations may not be perfect but at least the thinking and development is occurring. I find nothing wrong with flying an extra battery for increased flight time. Who knows if the motors get hot, maybe they don't. So far I haven't seen any posts by someone who has used a rig like this so we have no real data and only conjecture. Is it an April fools trick, I don't think so? April 1st is just another day in many parts of the world. I believe it's just a coincidence.

So instead of being negative, opinionated and harsh, I'd like to see us be open-minded, more supportive and positive. I think the prospect of additional batteries has merit and is worth exploring. If it doesn't turn out to be a good idea after it's been used and vetted, then at least someone tried. It's the "not trying" and dismissal of ideas without even trying that limit what may have potential as we develop and fly these incredible machines.
Approximately 50% of my engineering inventions proved to be a failure or useless. Other half works charmingly for decades. That's the reality of any inventor's life. That said, industrial designer role is to make a successful invention palatable and marketable. It's more an art than technology ... I'm an engineer with a nice collection of diplomas from renowned technological institutions and 50 years of fabrication experience ... In this case every molecule in my brain screams NO!

I don’t think the motors will overheat.
But umm @Dobmatt i ain’t mad at you.

I can take it. I dish it out myself at times.

That what it’s all about for me anyway.

And that’s my dude on the Forum too
That’s kewl though. I’ll get ‘em back. Went out his way to throw me under the bus. Where @MrTVR on Holiday

I don't think negativity was directed at you Slim (at least mine wasn't), I like to see new gadgets and all, but I'm just skeptical of this particular device. Especially when you look at it closely.

You can tell by looking at all the pictures and putting them together in your head that when this device is in place and batteries are in, the landing gear can't be in landing mode the rotors will hit the batteries. Which means you have to hand launch it with gear up, and catch it to land.

Approximately 50% of my engineering inventions proved to be a failure or useless. Other half works charmingly for decades. That's the reality of any inventor's life. That said, industrial designer role is to make a successful invention palatable and marketable. It's more an art than technology ... I'm an engineer with a nice collection of diplomas from renowned technological institutions and 50 years of fabrication experience ... In this case every molecule in my brain screams NO!
No point arguing about this. The only way to settle this argument is for someone brave enough to install this into his I2 and test it. Measure the temperature of the motors at 90F ambient after the 37+ minute flight would be a good starting point. But there are other areas of concern which would be harder to test and difficult to measure, such as extra stress on servo motor and legs (if you do not lift the drone during the transformation on the ground), the frame structure, props and prop mounts, possible ESC overload, significantly shifted CG etc etc. This product (if it is not an April 1 joke) should have a long list of warnings and caveats attached in the Manual for unsuspected user. I personally would not even consider this invention for reasons obvious to me and expressed by some others.

Good luck to that brave soul !!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robinr076