Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

NO Gimbal pitch smooth on Inspire 1??????

Lgpproducciones
Argentina

1#
I still can not believe it !!!! How came this function exist for Phantom 3 and is not available for Inspire 1 ??? Come on DJI !!! What is going on?

I bought my Inspire to work but smooth pitch is a MUST have for video work !! Any ideas or upgrade coming up soon ?
To the OP - If your gimbal is not pitching smoothly you either
  • Have not completed a stick calibration and included the gimbal wheel in that calibration
  • Have not understood how to set gimbal speed within the app
  • Have poor fine muscle control - Practice
  • Have a faulty transmitter

Reactions: IrishSights
Maybe if you "don't know what he is asking" it would be better to ask first and keep your opinions to yourself....or don't comment at all. Too much of that on this forum.
He was asking for ideas(see first message) and when his question was like his first repyl,maybe it's more clear.
But hope his job will go fine.
Case closed I hope,
Good luck with your job Pepeticos;)

Reactions: pepeticos
This is what i am talking about, it s just a nice thing to add if we can also use with the Inspire ! and should be easy to do it for DJI because already exist for Phantom 3 users

Attachments

• SmoothPitch.png
    SmoothPitch.png
    243.4 KB · Views: 45
And for those who did no understand what i mean ... Smooth pitch controls how the gimbal stops when you release the pitch wheel ..... so that way even if you release the wheel immediately the movement continues and stops smooth, so it is really helpfull to archive nice and smooth camera movements.... and also you do not have to worry or pay much atttention of how you release the wheel, you just let it go ....

This is what i am talking about, it s just a nice thing to add if we can also use with the Inspire ! and should be easy to do it for DJI because already exist for Phantom 3 users
Yeah i sure hope they make this for inspire 1 as well because when there is a lot going on with the craft it is not always easy to make the pitch smoothly. That photo cleared things up thanks.

Send that suggestion/request to DJI, nothing you moan about here will change anything.

Thanks and i will and did already, do you have any email also where i can send them suggestions?

I am not sure what he is asking. Perhaps if he wrote in english it would help. If between his ridiculous statements he is asking how to pitch the gimbal then that feature is already available on the Inspire 1 using the left front gimbal control. If he finds the rate too much the the gain can be adjusted to make it more controllable.
I agre.
He has to remember that know one forced him to buy the inspire 1.
So learn to live with his decision and what he has available to him.
I'm sure his feature will be implemented if enough people ask for it,but
Smooth gimbal control is very achievable with the wheel as it does have a soft start with minor movement of the wheel and then it speeds up to the predetermined setting set in the app.

Reactions: Scotflieger
ok guys, let make it simple: for those who say that with practice is simple and can be done smoothly i invite you to upload a video where you see the following camera movement: craft going up, turning to CW 360 and tilt up by stopping at a determined framing. If you can do it i then maybe i am wrong but it is still a nice feature to add gimbal pitch smooth, it will make our lifes easier... Sorry again for my english i am from Argentina.

Reactions: gregdd
I think the idea of DJI is to make drones that work for professional filmakers and make their lifes easier..... well that was my point, maybe instead of ¨
NO Gimbal pitch smooth on Inspire 1?????? ¨ i should have said, DJI, can you please add Gimbal pitch smooth feature so that will help us a lot ? Thanks

Reactions: gregdd
I think the idea of DJI is to make drones that work for professional filmakers and make their lifes easier..... well that was my point, maybe instead of ¨
NO Gimbal pitch smooth on Inspire 1?????? ¨ i should have said, DJI, can you please add Gimbal pitch smooth feature so that will help us a lot ? Thanks
And hope you did send this to DJI also;).Even when you're from Argentina they should understand you're request.It seems a nice feature allthough.So you have my vote.

Last edited:
I agree with the OP. There was an easing function on the Zenmuse 3d that stopped so smoothly when pitching , and on the I1 it's just an abrupt stop.

Sure , you can manually get the same effect manually with careful finger control. But... We have waypoints , POI, all this other automated crap, seems like skipping the easing function is an oversight.

Sounds like to me, that you should have used a P3 Pro for your shoot if it is so important to you.
I have no problem with pitch speed and slow down. At -20% and good flying skill with the inspire I, get awesome results. Practice makes perfect I say.;)

You are talking about ease in and ease out (which is different to 'smooth gimbal control).
This function is a Bezier curve control on the beginning and end of the move and yes, it has already been requested to DJI R&D.
In the meantime the same effect can be achieved using gentle control inputs and feathering your pitch wheel control at the end of the move.

You are talking about ease in and ease out (which is different to 'smooth gimbal control).
This function is a Bezier curve control on the beginning and end of the move and yes, it has already been requested to DJI R&D.
In the meantime the same effect can be achieved using gentle control inputs and feathering your pitch wheel control at the end of the move.
Glad to hear it has been requested. I suspect that since it has been implemented on the P3 already that it will come for the inspire (hopefully soon).
I think pepeticos request is a good one and i dont think any good pilot can do this perfectly every time even with practise while doing other complicated procedures. I can do it perfectly every time except recently when i had the perfect footage otherwise, just a very minor less than perfect pitch stop made the footage look less than perfect.

I think it is innapropriate for people to keep saying over and over "practice makes perfect", "use gentle control" or to tell him he should use a P3.

Reactions: jon b and pepeticos
Sounds like to me, that you should have used a P3 Pro for your shoot if it is so important to you.
I have no problem with pitch speed and slow down. At -20% and good flying skill with the inspire I, get awesome results. Practice makes perfect I say.;)

Can i see some of your awsome results?

Yep my friend ! i am talking about ease but on the APP is called Gimbal Pitch Smooth ... and is the same effect but 20 times more difficult when you are doing all by yourself ...

Here is what sales department reply yesterday: ¨

Dear Sir,
Thanks for your suggestion on DJI;
We appreciate every user’s ideas and contributions, our team will follow on that.
Thanks!
Best regards.
DJI Sales dept.

So i encourage people who also like to have this must have feature also to send them mails asking for it.

For me Inspire 1 is almost perfect ! only 2 things are miss ...
1) Gimbal pitch smooth.
2) That the craft stops smooth also at the last way point you assign so that way you can let it fly for itself and you can take care of the camera movements.

Reactions: jon b
Has anyone heard anything more about this. I see that the options are there in DJI Go 2.4.1 for both Android and IPad but neither Gimbal Pitch Smooth or Gimbal Yaw Synchronous Follow do anything for me i1. Perhaps those options only work on P3?

If anyone is confused about what those options are for, there are videos here that show what they do on the P3
Android DJI GO 2.1.0 - New Gimbal Features Explained | DJI Phantom Forum

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop