Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Noob Questions

Reaction score
Website
ravenflight.net
Hi!
Can someone help me figure out how to control the camera on my Inspire 1? I'm totally new to it (second day of flying) and loving it so far but I can figure out how to point the camera. I'm in F mode but when I set the camera to "Follow Me" it doesn't do anything. Also, setting the flight function to "Follow Me" doesn't do anything either. I went walking around but the drone just hovered and didn't even look at me. The only other function I've tried is "Point of Interest" and that works but I still can't control the camera.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Hi!
Can someone help me figure out how to control the camera on my Inspire 1? I'm totally new to it (second day of flying) and loving it so far but I can figure out how to point the camera. I'm in F mode but when I set the camera to "Follow Me" it doesn't do anything. Also, setting the flight function to "Follow Me" doesn't do anything either. I went walking around but the drone just hovered and didn't even look at me. The only other function I've tried is "Point of Interest" and that works but I still can't control the camera.

What am I missing?

Thanks!
Forget follow me on the Inspire platform if you are using the Go App - it is totally useless due to a design flaw in where the GPS antenna is located in the remote. It just doesn't work or is very flakey and dangerous at best.

However, some have reported OK results using third party apps like Autopilot which will utilise the GPS in the tablet rather than the remote.

Reactions: dev_willis
Well, that's disappointing but good to know. What about camera control? How can I point the camera? I've tried setting up the second remote as a slave but the sticks don't do anything in that mode. I still can't control the camera.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: User6895
Touch and hold your finger on your screen and slide your finger round is the easiest way with out having to set your remotes up......binding the second controller can be tricky, I find setting the left hand scroll button on the remote as a tilt function is all I need.

Thanks! I hadn't realized I needed to touch and hold. We figured out how to get the sticks to work on the slave by requesting gimbal access from the settings menu as well. I'll see if I can figure out how to use the tilt like you suggest as well. :)

so you spent $3000+ on an I1 and never opened the operators manual?
Looking at his profile picture he appears to be male there for it is not necessary. I did see in the manual on the second page it clearly states that the male owner/operator need not continue to read any further. That's where I stopped.

so you spent $3000+ on an I1 and never opened the operators manual?

I never found any such manual. Mine came with a quick start guide, a safety guidelines and disclaimers booklet and some leaflets on the props, battery charger, etc. I've actually been somewhat frustrated with the lack of information on the GO app. A quick Google search reveals that I'm not the only one looking unsuccessfully for such a manual. I don't know how you happen to have one when other people don't but I really don't feel like that fact entitles you to your condescension.

Looking at his profile picture he appears to be male there for it is not necessary. I did see in the manual on the second page it clearly states that the male owner/operator need not continue to read any further. That's where I stopped.

haha

I never found any such manual. Mine came with a quick start guide, a safety guidelines and disclaimers booklet and some leaflets on the props, battery charger, etc. I've actually been somewhat frustrated with the lack of information on the GO app. A quick Google search reveals that I'm not the only one looking unsuccessfully for such a manual. I don't know how you happen to have one when other people don't but I really don't feel like that fact entitles you to your condescension.

haha
Near the bottom under Downloads. Google is your best friend. http://www.dji.com/mobile/inspire-1/info

haha
I guess you miss the point of my intended humor so I wont attempt to explain it. Had you gotten it, you might have even laughed, if that's something you do.

I guess you miss the point of my intended humor so I wont attempt to explain it. Had you gotten it, you might have even laughed, if that's something you do.

I'm sorry. Tone is hard to read in text. It sounded like flaming to me. People are often jerks in forums.

Near the bottom under Downloads. Google is your best friend. http://www.dji.com/mobile/inspire-1/info

Thanks! I did google it and I'd even seen this page before but missed the user manual.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Integratedretail