Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Not sure to buy a Hero 4 Black or Osmo..

Reaction score
Worrying about the durability of Osmo's first version.. and it's not appropriate for some occasions like x-sport, how may I take out an extra hand to hold it..and seems accessories can only fit some of the occasions..but I'm bit scared to take it with bikes while riding in terrible places.

However Osmo is stable enough for everyday use and can meet most of the occasions, seems better for wedding or something, at least that's better than drones with noise.

Hope to gather some ideas from u guys, thinking about these and hesitating for which one to buy all the tme..

DJI Osmo – Reimagine Movement | DJI
GoPro - Hero4 Black 4K Ultra HD Waterproof Camera

Simple answer DIFFERENT APPLICATIONS!!... You want movie quality 4k footage in an everyday scenario then OSMO, you want to jump out of a plane or mountain bike down a rugged course GOPRO.

Why are people comparing these products..... :(

If you would like to use a Go Pro I suggest you look at the Nebula 4000 it's twice the mount of the Osmo and commercial in quality and you're not limited on which camera you can use it will hold up to 2.2 lbs or you could even use your iPhone

Worrying about the durability of Osmo's first version.. and it's not appropriate for some occasions like x-sport, how may I take out an extra hand to hold it..and seems accessories can only fit some of the occasions..but I'm bit scared to take it with bikes while riding in terrible places.

However Osmo is stable enough for everyday use and can meet most of the occasions, seems better for wedding or something, at least that's better than drones with noise.

Hope to gather some ideas from u guys, thinking about these and hesitating for which one to buy all the tme..

You could always try something like this:

A better comparison might be the GoPro with feiyutech G4 ultra gimbal and the the Osmo.

I've used the gopro/feiyutech combo for quite some time and generally been pleased with the results. It's a well made, compact unit and does a great job of stabilising the camera. Extension poles are also cheap and easy to screw into the base of the handle. It's also robust enough to be stuffed into a bum bag (fanny pack for you US readers) without worrying about stuff getting bent, crushed or broken. You'd also have the flexibility of a standalone action camera

However, since owning an Inspire I currently prefer the X3 - the distortion of the GoPro lens and general quality of its footage looks a bit naff in comparison (IMHO).

I also think the trigger button and other controls (record, tilt etc) appear superior to the G4 Ultra's single gimbal mode button and the ability to start/stop recording and monitor via a smart phone wireless link would definitely be a plus so I'm probably going to give the 'full' Osmo a punt.

Reactions: Aeoutsider
A better comparison might be the GoPro with feiyutech G4 ultra gimbal and the the Osmo.

I've used the gopro/feiyutech combo for quite some time and generally been pleased with the results. It's a well made, compact unit and does a great job of stabilising the camera. Extension poles are also cheap and easy to screw into the base of the handle. It's also robust enough to be stuffed into a bum bag (fanny pack for you US readers) without worrying about stuff getting bent, crushed or broken. You'd also have the flexibility of a standalone action camera

However, since owning an Inspire I currently prefer the X3 - the distortion of the GoPro lens and general quality of its footage looks a bit naff in comparison (IMHO).

I also think the trigger button and other controls (record, tilt etc) appear superior to the G4 Ultra's single gimbal mode button and the ability to start/stop recording and monitor via a smart phone wireless link would definitely be a plus so I'm probably going to give the 'full' Osmo a punt.
Do u think it appropriate to wait for one or two month and check out what GoPro may do to its product of next version? After all they've updated several generations, may also add some practical features in response to Osmo.

I don't for one moment think that GoPro will be basing any future updates on a response to the Osmo. It probably doesn't even count as a ping on GoPro's radar.

You're kidding right!
The GoPro is a piece of junk compared to the Osmo!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido