Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Nothing works - Inspire 1

Reaction score
Hi.

So our company had an Inspire 1 laying around. An ex-employee who was the one using it. I took it out of the box, installed brand new battery, connected AC and RC successfully, but didn't fly it. The DJI GO app didn't connect so figured upgrading the firmware was the thing to do.

Upgraded firmware via MicroSD card in the camera slot, but forgot to turn of the RC (doh).
AC upgraded successfully, but now won't connect to any of the two controllers.
*AC stays in landing mode, won't go to travel mode.
*RC and AC wont connect to DJI Go.
*DJI GO says "Disconnected".
*The RC's won't upgrade (tried 1.3 and 1.4 and gs_ofdm.bin) One has a red continuous light. Other red blinks and beeps.
*Gs_ofdm.bin via USB has no effect.
*Phone/iPad charges via USB when connected to RC, so at least current flows via USB.
*Reset the RC's and tried to relink to the AC. The RC's led go from red to fast blinking red/green, but won't fully connect. RC can slightly move the camera, but nothing more.

I will make a short video tomorrow.
Tried google for hours now. Anyone has any tips/tricks to offer?

Thanks. Trying it out now.

I've seen people advising against leaving the RC on while upgrading the AC. That's what I did by mistake. What is the consequences?

When I have the two remotes powered up, only one makes a sound when pressing C1 or C2. The other one is constantly beeping and blinking red.

This happens when I manually relink AC and RCs :
RCs go from red to fast blinking red/green.
Left stick slightly moves the camera, but no other input has effect. AC locked in landing mode.
The shutter button triggers video recording (I can see the file on MicroSD card when mounted in my MAC)
DJI GO says "Disconnected" and shows no video.

EDIT : DJI Customer Support says the red/green blinking means the HD Downlink on (both) controllers is disrupted and needs to be sent for repair. Has anyone sent their controller for this kind of repair and have approx. cost?

Last edited:
Reactions: Joaneniv
Update :
I bought a HDMI Output module, which also includes the HD downlink. Replaced the module on the master RC and now it works. I connected to DJI GO without issue and upgrade the firmware on RC. Due to high winds I haven't done a lot of testing, but looks like everything works.

Slave RC is still bricked and for now I'll make due with only the master. I'm afraid I'll jinx it if I mess around, now that everything works.

When I have the two remotes powered up, only one makes a sound when pressing C1 or C2. The other one is constantly beeping and blinking red.

This happens when I manually relink AC and RCs :
RCs go from red to fast blinking red/green.
Left stick slightly moves the camera, but no other input has effect. AC locked in landing mode.
The shutter button triggers video recording (I can see the file on MicroSD card when mounted in my MAC)
DJI GO says "Disconnected" and shows no video.

EDIT : DJI Customer Support says the red/green blinking means the HD Downlink on (both) controllers is disrupted and needs to be sent for repair. Has anyone sent their controller for this kind of repair and have approx. cost?

I have the same exact problem...how did you resolve???

I have this exact problem, I had a working system, stored it for 18 months and then it had the issues you describe about the video not working, so i updated firmware on the bird, then found that the rc wouldnt update the firmware and had the fast flashing red green led, it would slightly move the camera but nothing more.

I got a second RC that has newer firmware on it and it flies the bird ok, but no video, I was stuck for options, thinking about the HDMI board, having read this post i think i will bite the bullet and buy the HDMI board for the remote and hopeflly have a working system again

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan