Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Nvidia shield question. .

Reaction score
Hey guys .
do I need to have an Internet connection to get the maps to work?
My map data is blank..
Id appreciate it if someone gave me a few set up tips and general information about how to get the best out of my shield..
I'd like to use it today ..is the new version of the pilot app good??(10 k downloads as of yesterday ..that's up about 5 k in two weeks)

turbo. .

The Nvidia Shield is great - I've had zero problems with it. Running all updated Lollipop.
Assuming you do not have the 4G version, you have to cache the maps before you leave for your fly zone (the same as the iPad) or...... Fire up wifi on the Shield and use you phone as a hotspot in the field, load the maps up and then don't forget to airplane mode both devices before you fly !
I turn brightness full up and disable sRGB preset and use native colour (it boosts the brightness of the screen a little more).

Reactions: sdjackaerial
The Nvidia Shield is great - I've had zero problems with it. Running all updated Lollipop.
Assuming you do not have the 4G version, you have to cache the maps before you leave for your fly zone (the same as the iPad) or...... Fire up wifi on the Shield and use you phone as a hotspot in the field, load the maps up and then don't forget to airplane mode both devices before you fly !
I turn brightness full up and disable sRGB preset and use native colour (it boosts the brightness of the screen a little more).
Thanks editor..
do you mind explaining lollipop? ?
I do have the 4 g model but haven't activated it..
wonder if I can put a sim card from one of my trackers that has data usage and use it??

Can you use your phone as a bluetooth hotspot?
Can I do that for free? Never used blue tooth except for a hands free device and a patriot crawling spider..
Not without giving Verizon 50 bucks a month for mobile hotspot. .
I have an atnt go phone sim I'm trying to get working as we speak. .
turbo. .

Can I do that for free? Never used blue tooth except for a hands free device and a patriot crawling spider..
Not without giving Verizon 50 bucks a month for mobile hotspot. .
I have an atnt go phone sim I'm trying to get working as we speak. .
turbo. .

Shame you should be able to use the data you pay for the way you want :/

Reactions: lrh111
Same exact workflow here on my Shield. This tablet really rocks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool