Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Once my firmware is installed can i erase it from my sd card? Nt

Once I install the firmware on my inspire can I delete the firmware from my SD card thank you for your help
Hey inspire909...
the only reason I can think of to leave the firmware on the SD card is to update your batteries so if you finished updating the ac,rc and batteries then go ahead and erase it if you want...
nothing will happen if you leave it ..

Reactions: sirnikolas
For me I have got copies of the firmware update files (saved the zipped downloads), for future use if required. After the latest update (including 5 batteries and the RC) I needed to change SD cards in the camera for the I1 to work. Now I fly with nothing on the SD card and update using a separate SD card.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I thought the same thing so I kept going back and forth between the 2 sd cards and every time I put the one with the firmware on it in the quad I would get the strong interference alert when I put the blank one in everthing is good ...very strange and quite possibly a coincidence

I thought the same thing so I kept going back and forth between the 2 sd cards and every time I put the one with the firmware on it in the quad I would get the strong interference alert when I put the blank one in everthing is good ...very strange and quite possibly a coincidence
hrm, very interesting that you were able to recreate the error reliably. im baffled! What kind of card is it that causes the issue and what files are on it?

It was a brand new pny 32gig extreme card I bought with the quad from drone fly it was empty other than the firmware ..I noticed after the firmware install and all my batterys were updated when I would power on the a/c it would do a few little beeps like it was trying to update but would stop after maybe 5 seconds and power up just like normal so I pulled the card and put it in my laptop to read the text file and that's when I seen all the short texts saying firmware update was aborted due to the same version already installed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo