Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Our first project with the X7

Hi guys great video-especially the BTS.

How did you stand with the Brit half of the team with regard to Permissions for Flying in Europe?

Hi, I have lived in Innsbruck for the last 20 years, our company is in Innsbruck and our permits are issued in Austria which has some of the strictest drone laws in Europe. You may notice in the BTS Innsbruck in the background and the airport less than 15 km away. We had to call the control tower with a flying window of 45 mins for the shot.
But I do miss the pub and a good pint of Ale.

Just out of intrest what is process to get your permission in Austria. In fact how about a thread @editor showing requirements and regulations for "overseas" countries

My partner Pete is actually the pilot, and dealt with all the legal side(I am just the camera operator), however I know that we had to fill in a very long form with exact details from both of us and the drone specs along with relevent experience and qualifications. The permit process is then evaluated which takes minimum 6 weeks. within these 6 weeks we had to twice prove or provide additional information. Our permit includes commercial filming, i believe a hobby permit is more limited but also quicker . Cost for our permit was around 600 Euros I think.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manashiroy