Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Outside interference with flight of drone.

Look dude, do as you please, 107.39 is quite clear. I already explained what foreseeable means. Houston? Are you referring to operators flying legally WITH FAA permission? The feds likely waved the rules. If you want to blindly launch your drone over a city neighborhood have at it. Not my problem. But when I read anyone flaunting 107 here, I will speak up. Taking chances is simply a matter of playing the odds. I had a P3P drop out of the sky on a mapping job; motor just froze and fell like a rock. Because I'm a responsible pilot, the area below was clear.

You fly often enough fate will catch up to you....

If you're flying "in the furtherance of a business," have an FAA Remote Pilot Certificate; Apply for and operate under any FAA-issued waivers for the scope of your project; Research and comply with state, county, and local drone and privacy ordinances; Consider flying only over public property (the center of streets or roads for examples) at a high enough altitude where individuals in back yards that do have a "reasonable expectation of privacy" are not discernible; Fly over private property only if you have the owner's/agent's permission out of respect, consideration, and professionalism.

Get a load of the San Clemente, CA ordinance on drones dated May 2, 2017. You have to have written permission on you from anyone's property you fly over. Welcome to California, FAA be damned.

http://san-clemente.org/Home/ShowDocument?id=36578

Section 8.82.030 - Prohibited Operations for UA, Section C:
"No person shall takeoff, land, or operate a UA on or over private property without the written or electronic consent of the property owner, if the property owner is a person other than the UA operator. When consent to operate a UA is required to takeoff, land, or operate a UA over private property, UA operators must have on their possession a copy of the written or electronic consent from the owner of the property, or properties, over which they takeoff, land, or operate a UA."

Whether or not they do anything about it is the question, but it gives them something to work with if they want to. FAA seems complacent to let local laws prevail. No doubt the National League of Cities is where all these cities are getting their ideas on drones.
League of California Cities - New Report on Cities and Drones Released by National League of Cities

Last edited:
another ordinance , local law, that is written against all sounds judgement and hold no substance if it were to be challenged in court.

"I dont care if you are in your own back yard playing with your kids Im flying over the house. Im not hovering and spying.. if I'm doing that"
Really, are you 107? If so, what part of 107. 39 did you not understand. If you are a hobbyist have at it.

Flying over houses is NOT flying over people. And therein lies the flaw in your assertion. To ASSUME the latter is erroneous at best (putting it politely).

Also worth noting - but conveniently omitted from your diatribe - is that Part 107 applies to COMMERCIAL FLYING ONLY. If some guy wants to launch his bird and fly around the neighborhood, there are zero federal laws governing that flight.

Ever notice nobody bitches about that 2-ton news helicopter flying over your house? But somehow that 3 lb. drone is "dangerous???" Preposterous. Hilarious.

Last edited:
Get a load of the San Clemente, CA ordinance on drones dated May 2, 2017. You have to have written permission on you from anyone's property you fly over. Welcome to California, FAA be damned.

http://san-clemente.org/Home/ShowDocument?id=36578

Section 8.82.030 - Prohibited Operations for UA, Section C:
"No person shall takeoff, land, or operate a UA on or over private property without the written or electronic consent of the property owner, if the property owner is a person other than the UA operator. When consent to operate a UA is required to takeoff, land, or operate a UA over private property, UA operators must have on their possession a copy of the written or electronic consent from the owner of the property, or properties, over which they takeoff, land, or operate a UA."

Whether or not they do anything about it is the question, but it gives them something to work with if they want to. FAA seems complacent to let local laws prevail. No doubt the National League of Cities is where all these cities are getting their ideas on drones.
League of California Cities - New Report on Cities and Drones Released by National League of Cities

Wow o_O

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan