Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Overlay GPS co-ordinates on video

Reaction score
Website
www.hovershotz.co.uk
Is there an easy way of overlaying GPS co-ordinates on video shot with the Inspire 1 or an app that does this? I have a job that involves filming/inspecting several miles of dry stone walling for damage and the client has requested that GPS co-ordinates be overlaid over the video so when they review the footage, they can then deploy their repair team to the co-ordinates where needs repairing.

Hope this makes sense,

You could screen capture in Autopilot with the coordinates displayed but your video quality will be reduced. Could be sufficient for your needs

Reactions: Hovershotz
Screen capture in what ever software you use, as long as you can see the coordinates. Then use your original footage and using masks in After effects, or the crop tool in Premiere Pro (or similar editing software) superimpose the coordinates over your footage.

Reactions: Hovershotz
In the DJI app you can turn on the Video Caption option and it creates an SRT file that basically works as a subtitle file which you can overlay on top of your video.

I just did this a few days ago for a surveying job that needed the GPS coordinates overlaid. Just be sure you use a video player that supports the SRT caption file (I use VLC player).

In the DJI app you can turn on the Video Caption option and it creates an SRT file that basically works as a subtitle file which you can overlay on top of your video.

I just did this a few days ago for a surveying job that needed the GPS coordinates overlaid. Just be sure you use a video player that supports the SRT caption file (I use VLC player).
Easiest way of doing this. VLC player is a free download.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips