Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Parabolic Aeriel Range Extenders

Yeah I'd order too if they were in the UK. Even with the postage I'm thinking its a good deal, but I guess only if they work.

There was a post about these - i think regarding home made ones, and somebody posted a link to some 3D printed UK stock ones similar to these. If i find the thread i'll link it.

Reactions: AndrewH
There was a post about these - i think regarding home made ones, and somebody posted a link to some 3D printed UK stock ones similar to these. If i find the thread i'll link it.

Here;

http://www.inspirepilots.com/threads/diy-range-booster.4418/#post-47142

That's the thread, i did find a UK version too, that link in the first post has now ended but once clicked it shows similar items for sale...it's Hong Kong by the looks. The UK ones were UK stock though.

Found, UK;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Parabolic...-Windsurfer-/321817527138?hash=item4aedd1c362

Last edited:
I would be interested in the 3d home version if you find. ....

Thanks

Never mind, I would it. I will let all know how it prints out.

Last edited:
Reactions: AndrewH
I would be interested in the 3d home version if you find. ....

Thanks

Never mind, I would it. I will let all know how it prints out.
If you find they help, I'd be really interested in paying for a printed version.

So I was looking online for other parabolic extenders and came across a DIY option so I thought why not. Had an hour free this afternoon so decoded to give it a try. I haven't had a chance to try them yet as its really windy here at the moment and I've got a IMU issue. But I'll report back when I've tested them.

uploadfromtaptalk1438876956052.jpguploadfromtaptalk1438876972002.jpg

Found the tutorial on here in another post.
http://www.inspirepilots.com/threads/inspire-range-extender-uk.4413/

Reactions: Ascender
So finally got out tonight to test my home made parabolic extenders and I honestly can't believe how well they work.

uploadfromtaptalk1439068230410.png

The first screen shot is stock aerials and from the take off point I reached 1.5km (there were alot of trees around) but as a fair test I launched from the same spot with the parabolic extenders and I got 2.8km

uploadfromtaptalk1439068374042.png

Just make sure the shape is correct.

Ex:

Good:

Not good:

:) Good test to show no matter where the beam hit, it would reflect to the antenna just as a parabola should.

image-jpg.25492

Reactions: damoncooper
What area you're flying?550 mwith them?You don't need those things.Been on almost every part in Europe and I never lost signal within 500 mtr.I mean never.

For me, the desirability of these parabolic range extenders has less to do with increasing range as it does reducing interference with other signals. What a parabolic reflector gains you in the forward direction you lose off axis but that's just what you want so long as you point the thing at the drone within 10 degrees or so when at range -- up close it's not going to matter much which way you're pointing but towards the limit of range you want to be within 10 degrees and preferably closer to zero.

I have a pair of these reflectors but have never used them as I've never needed them. If I'm in an area with a lot of wifi and other 2.4GHz noise I may try them if I'm having problems without. Again, for me rejection of unwanted signal is every bit as valuable as high gain.

Brian

Reactions: John Bruce Anderson
It seems that not all Inspire 1's are equal with this respect. You are lucky you have a good one. I bought 4 and they can only be described as duds.. comparatively.[/QUO
It looks like you are the most unlucky Inspire pilot I know.Hope you still like it:confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207