Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Perfect for JOINING MOVERIO FPV + INSPIRE

Reaction score
Check this out! Yeah only those with some disposable income can probably get it... But it will get cheaper & shows us the technology is there!![

790f4019f82e21ac540bf2f075637d54.jpg

There is a great 3 minute YouTube video displaying the system with the Inspire...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely ridiculous price for the HDMI converter. I am using mirroring to bt-200 from galaxy tab S with just about a third second delay. Perfect picture. The only issue is it can take several minutes to obtain the initial connection then no other problems.

Galaxy tab "S" ? Anything else other than that I would need to have. How does it connect ect... I only have had Apple stuff, but I'm liking what I'm hearing from your post!
( if you notice my line saying that only those with disposable income, would buy one of those.... Lol)
Thanks for any help you can give on using that Gal-tab-s
Moose

I'm using an Galaxy tab pro mini mirror casting to my Moverios, it's a bit long winded setting up but it works fine, it will be great if Epson would get it's act together
and up date the android Os so you can install DJI pilot app on to the Moverios direct and connect the DJI transmitter to the moverios with the USB port but I don't know if that can be made possible

Galaxy tab "S" ? Anything else other than that I would need to have. How does it connect ect... I only have had Apple stuff, but I'm liking what I'm hearing from your post!
( if you notice my line saying that only those with disposable income, would buy one of those.... Lol)
Thanks for any help you can give on using that Gal-tab-s
Moose

Nothing more required. The tablet runs pilot and you can send it's screen via mirroring to the bt-200. It can take a few attempts to connect then works fine.
It works well with galaxy tab s 8.4 & 10.5. galaxy tab pro. Will not work with nvidia shield. Works but long delay with galaxy tab 3. Not tested anything else.

PUT MY REPLY IN WRONG PLACE. Got put at end of note by MOOS

One further requirement is that both devices are on the same network for mirroring to work. I use a portable WiFi box that cost £30. The galaxy tab S 8.4 can be obtained for £200

I mirror cast straight from my tab pro mini to the moverios, no boxes!!! using moverios built in app and the Android built in app, it works just fine!

Thank you, I will try again without WiFi box, but so ar I can only get it to work when on same network.

Hi, that's right, you must create a WIFI hot spot between your Tablet and your Moverios, there is a bit of delay a second or so but that's the way it works
I have been in touch with Epson regarding updates, but it only gets done" if there is a demand for it", so if you own moverios and you are not happy with them
get on to Epson!!

Last edited:
Hi, that's right, you must create a WIFI hot spot between your Tablet and your Moverios, there is a bit of delay a second or so but that's the way it works
I have been in touch with Epson regarding updates, but it only gets done" if there is a demand for it", so if you own moverios and you are not happy with them
get on to Epson!!
Dave, can you please take a minute and write a "step by step" guide to do that?

Hi I will try! first turn on the moverios and the tablet go to settings on the tablet and find Screen mirroring in settings make sure it’s switched on, it will auto scan but find nothing. Next go to the glasses and find settings , switch off wifi in settings ,Go back to the main screen on the glassed and start up Moverio mirror app keep looking through the glasses and start scan button on the tablet, wait a few seconds you should see a box open on the glassed with wifi direct connection request setup, click ok when invited ,wait, the screen on the moverios will go blank wait,2 monitor screens will show on the tablet trying to connect, wait, then the same picture will come up on the Moverios, you are then mirrored you can then lock the moverios if you wish and use the tablet to open DJI pilot app or what ever,
you may have to switch back on the wifi on the glasses and the tablet when finished. give it a go it will work!
Dave

Hi, Epson have got back to me regarding updates for Moverios ! Looks like I am stuffed!!!!
Dear David,

Thank you for contacting Epson's UK Customer Inter@ction Centre.

I am sorry you are unhappy with the Moverio BT-200 Glasses and have had cause for complaint. It is never our intention to disappoint customers in any way and I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused. We value the comments that you have made and I would like to thank you for bringing them to our attention.

The operating system is a customised version of the Androids 'Ice Cream Sandwich' (4.04), please note that it is not an authorised device by Google, hence the reason why you are unable to use the Google Play Store. Intead you can find customised applications designed with the use specifically with the Moverio BT-200 platform.

The CPU is again a customised and is called the TI OMAP 4460 and features a 1.2GHz Dual Core processor, this is more than what is needed to the the device and its operating system.

Once you have the product connected via a WiFi network, you can download applications from the Moverio Apps Market, after looking at the store there is an app available for the DJI Phantom series known as 'DJI Ultrimate Flight', please see the following link for more information:

https://moverio.epson.biz/jsp/pc/pc_application_detail.jsp?pack=com.kenargo.djiultimateflight2&page=2&key=&cat=

(Please note that we are not responsible for the information represented on the above link, please contact the app developer for further questions on this application).
At this current moment in time, there are no plans to provide any hardware updates (i.e. upgraded handsets) for the device at this time, updates for the operating system are periodic and usually automatic (unless otherwise switched off).

Please note that the Moverio BT-200's have a wide range of applications and many different markets, you must consider that the device much like any other mobile viewing display which can be tailored to you specific use with the help of the Moverio App Market.
If you require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact the EPSON Customer Inter@ction Centre and we will endeavour to resolve any further queries you may have.
Kind regards,
Philip
e-Service Support Technician
EPSON Customer Inter@ction Centre

I've owned my Epson BT200 before my Inspire. When I considered what was out on the market I thought it be the best way and only way to perform FPV LOS. Helping my decision was the fact that both Epson and DJI included some marketing with these glasses being used for FPV. I took the plunge only to find out that if you are trying to pilot "this years" drone and not last years DJI P2V+, etc you are essentially out of luck (yes you can try mirror casting but that connection may suffer from lag and unreliability). Like you I have sent in support tickets to Epson requesting an OS upgrade only to receive some canned response similar to what you posted and notification the ticket has been closed. I can't believe that a company as big as Seiko Epson would release a brand new "obsolete" product (with no OS upgradeability these are dead in the water). These glasses were not cheap and all we can do is continue to pressure Epson to do the right thing (like invest in the R&D to create a customized Andriod 4.4 image or provide a heavy discount on the next version Moverio to existing BT200 owners). Unless something more is done by Epson, I personally can't see myself buying another Epson product.

Doug
aka
KnightOwl

Hi Doug, you are absolutely right! Epson are looking for jobs for these glasses and this is the perfect job for them,
but the tech has let them down.
They are not ready for retail yet so should not be selling them to the public, the app store is rubbish.
But I still think if all the people who have invested in them get on to Epson may be, just may be they will do something about it
Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop