Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Phantom 3 Standard with follow me, point of interest and waypoints...

now that sucks... doesn't it... thank god the I1 is way lot better in wind and faster...
come on DJI... what is with the firmware (latest) NOT working with SDK???
please fix the issue and then release new stuff...

now that sucks... doesn't it... thank god the I1 is way lot better in wind and faster...
come on DJI... what is with the firmware (latest) NOT working with SDK???
please fix the issue and then release new stuff...
I haven't updated yet, what's going on with fw?

Just saw this on FB and was merrily watching the video thinking 'oh fair enough, looks quite good for an entry level model' then saw the automated flight modes and thought WTF. They better add these modes to the I1 (and P3) very very soon or I for one will be fuming.

I commented on their video on FB, got this response direct from the horse's mouth (or the marketing person who works on Wednesdays). There's light at the end of the tunnel. Guess we just have to carry on waiting...

IMG_0843.PNG

I think the waypoints and associated features have something to do with the Wifi connection between the mobile device and the controller. The Inspire 1 and Phantom 3 connect via a cable, whereas the older Phantom 2 Vision plus has had the waypoints feature for a long time now, which also connects via wifi, like this new Phantom 3 Standard.

I think the waypoints and associated features have something to do with the Wifi connection between the mobile device and the controller. The Inspire 1 and Phantom 3 connect via a cable, whereas the older Phantom 2 Vision plus has had the waypoints feature for a long time now, which also connects via wifi, like this new Phantom 3 Standard.
BS. Third party developers are able to solve the issue so why can't DJI.

BS. Third party developers are able to solve the issue so why can't DJI.
Yes, eventually DJI too will, very soon. Since they already had the technology for the wifi solution, they made it available for the Phantom 3 Standard. The Lightbridge versions will follow soon.

the p3 only has a half mile range? i thought it was supposed to be the same as the inspire?

P3 Standard is not using Lightbridge but an straight forward amplified WIFI signal. In EU strict laws apply with regards to 2.4 Ghz wifi data strength, hence 500 meter will the be max for the P3 Standard. In the USA the max distance will be greater.

With regards to Waypoints and Follow me; As with the other DJI Drones, this feature will be "coming soon" for Phantom 3 Standard. The feature will likely be offered by the DJI GO app. The only difference that i expect for each drone type is the number of waypoints for Inspire will be greater than for Phantom.

If you can't wait for DJI, temporarily go for Autopilot 2.0 App; it offers Orbit (ie. IOC-POI) and Follow-me and works with the recent 1.3 Firmware (see: http://autoflightlogic.com/beta/autopilotdji)

Reactions: SultanGris
P3 Standard is not using Lightbridge but an straight forward amplified WIFI signal. In EU strict laws apply with regards to 2.4 Ghz wifi data strength, hence 500 meter will the be max for the P3 Standard. In the USA the max distance will be greater.

With regards to Waypoints and Follow me; As with the other DJI Drones, this feature will be "coming soon" for Phantom 3 Standard. The feature will likely be offered by the DJI GO app. The only difference that i expect for each drone type is the number of waypoints for Inspire will be greater than for Phantom.

If you can't wait for DJI, temporarily go for Autopilot 2.0 App; it offers Orbit (ie. IOC-POI) and Follow-me and works with the recent 1.3 Firmware (see: http://autoflightlogic.com/beta/autopilotdji)
Ok thanks. Didn't even occur to me they would go back to that crappy wifi setup, avoid at all costs, lol

The P3 standard is a repackaged P2 from what I see. Same crappy WiFi connection for video. Sounds like DJI is using it to get rid of inventory of P2 parts. At least that's my opinion.

The P3 standard is a repackaged P2 from what I see. Same crappy WiFi connection for video. Sounds like DJI is using it to get rid of inventory of P2 parts. At least that's my opinion.
It has been posted previously, that the P3S is completely redesigned inside, and is not P2 parts. It is offered as an entry level machine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips