Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

POI at a low alitude below 35 feet

Reaction score
Sunday I was doing a gig for a landscape company on a project. I wanted to set up waypoints and fly at a very low altitude. when I set the way point it gave me a warning about being below 39 feet and to make sure my flight path was clear.

well when I uploaded the waypoints my inspire went to the ground, it happened so fast that the landing gear was not even down. it hit the camera and tipped forward and wiped out my props, before the landing gear came all the way down. just a few scratches on the bottom of the camera.

Has anybody had anything like this happen. I will say I did set my more waypoints only much higher and it worked no problems.

I finally got try out Waypoints for the first time the other day and yes, after setting my waypoints I got a warning message about the lower altitude and to be sure the path was clear. I then hit "apply" and my Inspire headed straight for the ground. Thankfully, I had read your post before this so my finger was on the trigger to go manual and I was able to save it from a hard landing but otherwise my experience was just like yours it sounds like. I did several more test flights after that but it never did the exact thing again. The only change I made was to be slightly higher in my waypoint selection. I never went below 6 or 7 feet.

I did experience another related issue though. I tried several times to setup a path that began directly in front of me at about 6' off of the ground, fly away from me backward (camera facing me) about 100 yards with a slight elevation of maybe 45' from starting point, and then return back to essentially the same position and elevation it started from. Every time I tried this everything worked as it should until it approached the last waypoint. The Inspire would be coming back toward me but instead of stopping and hovering at 6 or 7 feet, it would keep descending so that by the time it reached the final point, it would be in danger of crashing. I was ready for it so I'd give it some throttle and avoid the crash but it was consistent regardless of how many times I set new waypoints and/or adjusted the speed of the maneuver. Every time I tried a diagonally descending approach... it would've crashed had I not interceded with some stick correction.

I have to work with it some more before I can feel that I can really trust it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44