Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

POI

Yes, it often pans to the left on landing and also does it when it loses signal and initiates an RTH. The latter can be quite alarming because when you lose signal, by definition, you can’t see the camera feed so when it returns and you are facing 180 degrees from where you had been moments ago it can be slightly disorientating !

Are we in danger of getting a bit off topic here?
It happened to me a few times also. When switching from P to Atti the gimbal turns. Have not tested the RTH. But all it takes is to press the gimbal recentering button on you MC to regain the orientation. Funny thing is that it only happens upon first switch from P to Atti. Subsequent changing flight modes does not trigger this.

Hi Guys. I updated my bird, Cendence and Crystalsky yesterday, to the very latest releases, and still no POI. Disappointed is one word I would use to describe my feelings concerning this lack of functionality, as I too have been waiting for this flight mode since .

Hi Guys. I updated my bird, Cendence and Crystalsky yesterday, to the very latest releases, and still no POI. Disappointed is one word I would use to describe my feelings concerning this lack of functionality, as I too have been waiting for this flight mode since .
It has been announced that Android users, will have this function with new app end of May.

Just got a prompt to update the DJIGO4 app. Included additions is the point of interest flight mode added to the Inspire 2.
Gonna go fly and test it out. Only been waiting for POI since I bought the I-2 last March. LOL
I agree with ya about POI!! I have been waiting for awhile for DJI to get this flight mode in the app and it’s been way too long. I went out yesterday and it wasn’t there so I am wondering what is going on??
I have written DJI several times and all they keep saying is “be patient”!!! Well my patience has run out and I just wanna be able to use the darn thing guys!!
I hope they get their act together soon.

I agree with ya about POI!! I have been waiting for awhile for DJI to get this flight mode in the app and it’s been way too long. I went out yesterday and it wasn’t there so I am wondering what is going on??
I have written DJI several times and all they keep saying is “be patient”!!! Well my patience has run out and I just wanna be able to use the darn thing guys!!
I hope they get their act together soon.

It’s certainly there for iOS (I have tried it) and I thought it had been released for Android. However, it certainly isn’t available yet for Crystal Sky.

It has been released on Android, I updated the firmware on my Google Pixel and POI mode is working well.

OK just so that I am on the same page with all prior posts....
I have updated all firmware and app on my stable of 3 different displays,

Android
1) Crystal Sky Ultra - DJI GO App = v 4.2.8 AND NO POI Support
2) ASUS S3 10 - DJI GO App = v 4.2.16 AND YES POI Supported

iOS
1) iPAD 9.7 6th Gen - DJI GO App = v 4.2.16 AND YES POI Supported
(tablet with cellular antenna and no SIM card activated)

Is this the accurate current status?

OK just so that I am on the same page with all prior posts....
I have updated all firmware and app on my stable of 3 different displays,

Android
1) Crystal Sky Ultra - DJI GO App = v 4.2.8 AND NO POI Support
2) ASUS S3 10 - DJI GO App = v 4.2.16 AND YES POI Supported

iOS
1) iPAD 9.7 6th Gen - DJI GO App = v 4.2.16 AND YES POI Supported
(tablet with cellular antenna and no SIM card activated)

Is this the accurate current status?
You are correct. POI works on Android devices, iOS devices but not on CS, as of today.

feeling a little ripped off with my CS Ultra purchase. Expensive and never current with DJI capabilities, and no support at all for DJI's own GSP.
I am with you. But as they say, the new GO4 for CS is comming soon. Some even suggest as soon as this week. Anxiously awaiting the great news.....

Last edited:
Nice gossip on new releases of app for CS - Well this CS slow to mature issue has cost me a new Android display as the infant mortality issues with overheating etc. made me feel necessary to have a back up display, plus the ability to have 3rd party apps. But I am not too disappointed as I also had to buy my first ever iOS product for another reason, lack of Autopilot availability on Android at all. So now I have 3 displays and each has it's own place but I still gravitate towards Android and the CS Ultra is getting better all the time with new apps lining up. I usually only dial in enough brightness to see clearly versus over brighten as i will be flying during the mid day heat this summer. So hoping it holds up longer with minimum amperage draw requested from me as possible.

Reactions: Phil DeVore
Unless I am mistaken, I think this means it is finally here!

New CrystalSky Firmware Released

Overview
  • Date: 2018.05.25
  • CrystalSky Firmware: V02.06.06.00
  • DJI GO 3 App: V3.1.38
  • DJI GO 4 App: V4.2.16
  • DJI Pilot Beta: V0.5.1

What's New?
1. Updated DJI GO 4 app to version 4.2.16.
2. Updated DJI GO 3 app to version 3.1.38.
3. Optimized temperature control logic to improve the CrystalSky's performance in high-temperature environments.
4. Added support to Phantom 4 Pro V2.0.
5. Updated in DJI GO 4 app:
[Inspire 2]
  • Added Point of Interest (POI) functions within intelligent flight modes. Set a POI on the map as the point of interest function sub pattern.
  • Fixed a bug where the DJI GO 4 app will reset the camera frame rate and resolution when connecting a device.
[Mavic Air]
  • Optimized APAS interactive experience.
  • Added additional warning messages when propeller blades are getting iced up in low-temperature environments.
  • Added max flight speed control in ActiveTrack. Users can now switch between Velocity Priority and Obstacle Avoidance Priority modes.
[General]
  • Simplified and reduced pop-up messages.
  • Optimized offline map performance.
  • Supported media sharing in Playback.
  • Updated the FPV map. Users can now check GEO Zone within 50 km.
  • Updated DJI Products Terms of Use and DJI.
6. Privacy Policy
  • Improved the GEO Zone database upgrade process.
  • Optimized low power take-off prompt in sub-zero temperatures.

Trepidatiously downloaded and installed. POI is now active on my CS Ultra! Woohoo! Will try a flight a little later today.

I am happy to finally no longer see "Coming Soon."

Incidentally, anyone planning to do this, it is done through the CS menu screen, not through the Go4 app.

Unless I am mistaken, I think this means it is finally here!

New CrystalSky Firmware Released

Overview
  • Date: 2018.05.25
  • CrystalSky Firmware: V02.06.06.00
  • DJI GO 3 App: V3.1.38
  • DJI GO 4 App: V4.2.16
  • DJI Pilot Beta: V0.5.1

What's New?
1. Updated DJI GO 4 app to version 4.2.16.
2. Updated DJI GO 3 app to version 3.1.38.
3. Optimized temperature control logic to improve the CrystalSky's performance in high-temperature environments.
4. Added support to Phantom 4 Pro V2.0.
5. Updated in DJI GO 4 app:
[Inspire 2]
  • Added Point of Interest (POI) functions within intelligent flight modes. Set a POI on the map as the point of interest function sub pattern.
  • Fixed a bug where the DJI GO 4 app will reset the camera frame rate and resolution when connecting a device.
[Mavic Air]
  • Optimized APAS interactive experience.
  • Added additional warning messages when propeller blades are getting iced up in low-temperature environments.
  • Added max flight speed control in ActiveTrack. Users can now switch between Velocity Priority and Obstacle Avoidance Priority modes.
[General]
  • Simplified and reduced pop-up messages.
  • Optimized offline map performance.
  • Supported media sharing in Playback.
  • Updated the FPV map. Users can now check GEO Zone within 50 km.
  • Updated DJI Products Terms of Use and DJI.
6. Privacy Policy
  • Improved the GEO Zone database upgrade process.
  • Optimized low power take-off prompt in sub-zero temperatures.
It’s about time!! I had almost given up on my crystal sky and thought about going back to using my iPad. I’ll check it when I get home and see if I finally have POI for my Inspire 2 on the crystal sky today.
What’s really sad about it is how long it has taken DJI to do this particular feature. POI should have been in the intelligent flight modes from the beginning!! I guess I should be grateful that they finally got it done.

I too have the CS upgrade installed this morning and flying a test demo soon. Any word on gimbal yaw issue remaining as it is present on both iOS and non CS Android versions. Wouldn't that be something that DJI would possibly fix an "undocumented feature" aka a bug, on CS before other platforms!

And does GS now work on CS? Oh yea always wanting more support issues fixed all at once.

I have a question for everyone?? I just installed the latest update on my crystal sky monitor that is supposed to have POI in the Intelligent flight modes. I am indoors right now but I’m not seeing it pop up? Will it only work once I have taken off outdoors? I am hoping that is what is happening.
Thanks everybody!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08