Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

POI

I have a question for everyone?? I just installed the latest update on my crystal sky monitor that is supposed to have POI in the Intelligent flight modes. I am indoors right now but I’m not seeing it pop up? Will it only work once I have taken off outdoors? I am hoping that is what is happening.
Thanks everybody!
I can not verify it right now but from memory all inteligent flight modes are only visible when flying.

Reactions: Phil DeVore
I2 on and grounded, CS on, DJI Go4 open.
Tap on remote icon on left side and you'll see the intelligent flight modes. swipe left once to reveal POI and it no longer says "Coming Soon".

I can not verify it right now but from memory all inteligent flight modes are only visible when flying.
Thanks, that’s what I thought but I am unable to fly today due to the weather so I just wanted to ask about it before I went out there without WIFI where I wouldn’t be able to download it again. Thanks for the quick reply! Appreciate it very much.
Phil

Unbelievable. Arguably, one of the more useful functions, available on all of their consumer drones, and they still haven't figured it out on their own CrystalSky Android monitor. Come on DJI.

Update out today for CS. Added POI.

I tested POI for the first time yesterday, marking the centre point with both aircraft position and map position, and found that the best way to use it was in combination with Spotlight Pro to keep the subject in the centre of frame. This worked well for me.

I tested POI for the first time yesterday, marking the centre point with both aircraft position and map position, and found that the best way to use it was in combination with Spotlight Pro to keep the subject in the centre of frame. This worked well for me.
How do you use Spotlight Pro and POI at the same time?

I just set up the POI, by either method, then paused the action and setup the Spotlight Pro target, and continued the POI action. Simple as that and everything stayed perfectly in frame.

I just set up the POI, by either method, then paused the action and setup the Spotlight Pro target, and continued the POI action. Simple as that and everything stayed perfectly in frame.
Thanks that’s great advice. When I get out there I’ll see how it works. Been sick the last few days but I’ll get out there soon.

Thanks that’s great advice. When I get out there I’ll see how it works. Been sick the last few days but I’ll get out there soon.
The same goes for Waypoint flying, as Spotlight Pro is separate from the automated flight functions making it very versatile.

I experienced a weird phenomenon the other day trying out i2 POI. I used it many times with my previous Inspire 1 and more recently with my Mavic Pro Platinum, so I knew what to expect.
So, trying POI with the Inspire 2, I set the POI with the drone by hovering over target vs by a map (nice addition DJI). Backed off to set flight radius and speed and camera angle. Hit "Start. The camera immediately turned around to face OUTWARD from the target and the i2 started its flight around the target with the camera facing outwards away from it. Weird! I stopped the action and retried from scratch and everything went as expected. It then happened again on another flight. Again, stopped the action and retried from scratch and all was well.
Kind of odd.
Anyone experience any anomalies like this?

I experienced a weird phenomenon the other day trying out i2 POI. I used it many times with my previous Inspire 1 and more recently with my Mavic Pro Platinum, so I knew what to expect.
So, trying POI with the Inspire 2, I set the POI with the drone by hovering over target vs by a map (nice addition DJI). Backed off to set flight radius and speed and camera angle. Hit "Start. The camera immediately turned around to face OUTWARD from the target and the i2 started its flight around the target with the camera facing outwards away from it. Weird! I stopped the action and retried from scratch and everything went as expected. It then happened again on another flight. Again, stopped the action and retried from scratch and all was well.
Kind of odd.
I think that happened to me the other day but when I got Spotlight Pro involved, everything went well. If you use POI to fky the aircraft, just use SP to fly the gimbal. Sorted.

Jerry,
Good advice, also noted from your previous post. I like, and use, SP routinely, albeit by itself with manual flight. What I have found, sometimes, is that the far side of an object looks markedly different from the near side. Case in point, some houses. So, SP sometimes loses lock. What I always liked about POI is that it is independent of the object features, so as long as the object is stationary, its features don't contribute to the tracking ability of the drone. I am going to try the double whammy POI + SP though. Thanks for the advice.

Kind of odd.
Just like every time DJI comes out with something new they’ll have to get it sorted out. Hopefully it won’t be too long?

Jerry,
Good advice, also noted from your previous post. I like, and use, SP routinely, albeit by itself with manual flight. What I have found, sometimes, is that the far side of an object looks markedly different from the near side. Case in point, some houses. So, SP sometimes loses lock. What I always liked about POI is that it is independent of the object features, so as long as the object is stationary, its features don't contribute to the tracking ability of the drone. I am going to try the double whammy POI + SP though. Thanks for the advice.
I generally keep my shots short so wouldn’t try to orbit all the way around a building. Also, the light changes and messes up the exposure too much. However, it may be possible to re-set the Spotlight Pro target on the fly, as it were, while continuing the POI flight (in Composition mode). Maybe worth a try?

I have noticed the camera -X5S - uninitiated yaw while working POI MODE also. Was flying iPad, and on Asus display also. Have not yet tried CS Ultra yet.

Would also like to suggest trying to change from P to Sport or Atti mode and it will initiate camera yaw also. I programmed C1 to reset cam yaw, but this POI + Spotlight Pro config is very creative and should consideranly reduce the slight left stick yaw input to fine tune centering while in travelling in POI orbit.

Thanks for this tip. I need POI for a shoot this week (lucky me). I just tested POI on its own, and it had the same problem I had on my Inspire 1; it just couldn't keep the subject in the middle of the frame.

Then I paused, enabled Spotlight Pro in Quick mode, and resumed, and it was perfect.

I also tested ActiveTrack for the first time. I am stunned at how well they work. It's very impressive technology.

Please confirm these steps...
Tap on POI
Record POI, Tap on drone and or map
?Then either enable SP in quick mode with tap of POI on screen
OR
?Then move out to desired radius, and enable SP in quick mode with tap of POI on screen
Activate orbit

What gimbal setting - Free or Follow?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah