Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

POI

One of the 2 methods of setting focal points for spotlight pro camera & tracking mode

We tried it today and it is still not functional.
As of 5/25/2018 I updated my DJI Inspire 2, crystal sky to the new version and POI is working as it should. It’s been a very frustrating and long wait but I went out and flew yesterday and it worked just fine. I still don’t understand why it took so long for DJI to get it out for one of their more expensive drones?

Phil - did you notice not any gimbal yaw upon activating the orbit? Or possibly try move from P to S or A mode then have the gimbal do a 180 or did the gimbal also reverses direction upon landing and motor shut down? Did you also try using Spotlight Pro during POI?

Just wondering if I have some FW in compatibility? My CS states all software is updated?

Phil - did you notice not any gimbal yaw upon activating the orbit? Or possibly try move from P to S or A mode then have the gimbal do a 180 or did the gimbal also reverses direction upon landing and motor shut down? Did you also try using Spotlight Pro during POI?

Just wondering if I have some FW in compatibility? My CS states all software is updated?
I went back out today and yes it did have yaw issues that I hadn’t noticed before. The first time I used it I was just trying to get comfortable with it and I was so excited just to get POI after all this time that I wasn’t really paying attention to the gimbal. I had POI on my Phantom3 Standard but this is totally different than it was.
I too checked to make sure that my CS was updated and it said that it was so I’m thinking it’s probably something that DJI hasn’t completely figured out yet. They’re good at that!! Putting out firmware updates before they are tested thoroughly. Hopefully they’ll come out with a bug fix soon. Until then I guess we’ll just have to be satisfied with what we have now unfortunately. This probably isn’t what you wanted to hear but it is what it is for now.

@Phil DeVore
Actually that is exactly what I wanted to hear, that we are seeing the same glitch. Next time please try to see if when out of POI and in "normal" P flight mode then try switching into S or A mode and see if the gimbal yaws even more so than when activating orbit. And once it fully lands then just as motor shuts down, left stick down and inward, it will also yaw almost 180 deg.

Surely by now it has been formally submitted into DJI as a firmware glitch?

Reactions: Phil DeVore
@Phil DeVore
Actually that is exactly what I wanted to hear, that we are seeing the same glitch. Next time please try to see if when out of POI and in "normal" P flight mode then try switching into S or A mode and see if the gimbal yaws even more so than when activating orbit. And once it fully lands then just as motor shuts down, left stick down and inward, it will also yaw almost 180 deg.

Surely by now it has been formally submitted into DJI as a firmware glitch?
I’ll definitely do that. I will let you know what happens next time I use it. I am going to contact DJI about this because if someone doesn’t let them know that POI isn’t working correctly they’ll just let it go.

I too wish to inform DJI about this, what is the best manner? DJI forum? RC Groups I2 Owners thread has DJI personnel involved with that forum, this Inspire Pilots forum? I also wish to properly describe in as much detail what happens when I give the aircraft specific commands. That is why I have been asking so many specific questions of those users who have responded.

I wrote them at www.dji.com/support for several issues before. And that’s what I have used for other issues along with calling them. If you want me to give you the phone number for customer service just let me know and I’ll give it to you. Also you can contact them through the DJI store and chat with customer service online.
Don’t get your hopes up for any resolution to the problem though. Every time I have dealt with them it’s a pretty long drawn out process. They will respond to the email fairly quickly but it took me awhile to get my issues resolved. Their customer service is staffed by people who don’t have a clue!
I have gotten a few that were knowledgeable but the majority of them were not very good.
Here are two phone numbers I have for them that you can call: 1(818)235-0789, &1(732)994-0309. I intend on bringing this latest issue to their attention also and maybe if enough people do the same thing it might be helpful for getting it fixed. Good luck
Phil

Last edited:
@Phil DeVore Thank you sir - I have as of last night added my experience with them on these POI issues. ALAS! It seems that thes gimbal glitches have also invaded the workings of 3rd party apps like Litchi, while looking into using their PANO mode, I experienced the same unexpected gimbal yaw issues. I will start lookinginto Litchi BLOG to see if it has been reported there.

From DJI Tony on the DJI forum

Hi, I would suggest downloading our DJI Assistant 2 then restore factory defaults and refresh the inspire 2, please reboot your aircraft after doing the troubleshooting and re-calibrate the compass, IMU as well as the gimbal, kindly update us if the issue will persist. Please see the link below for you to download the DJI Assitant 2.
https://www.dji.com/inspire-2/info#downloads

Hi, I would suggest downloading our DJI Assistant 2 then restore factory defaults and refresh the inspire 2, please reboot your aircraft after doing the troubleshooting and re-calibrate the compass, IMU as well as the gimbal, kindly update us if the issue will persist. Please see the link below for you to download the DJI Assitant 2.
DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography
I have tried using DJI Assistant 2 several times and did everything you talked about doing. It didn’t make any difference.

DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography
Finally DJI put POI in the app. It doesn’t work as good as it should but at least it’s something like it’s supposed to be.

Spotlight Pro is still missing from my Crystal Sky screen, everything is updated to the latest update. What am I missing here.

Finally DJI put POI in the app. It doesn’t work as good as it should but at least it’s something like it’s supposed to be.
I've started to use POI with my I2 and crystal sky. I know what you mean "it doesn't work as good as it should". It's frustrating, I had a client looking over my shoulder as I set the bird on an orbit around a house. The gimbal was all over the place for about a minute until I was able to find the house and re-orient the bird and camera.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I select POI, then set the POI location directly over the house about 60 ft. up. Then I back up the bird (nose pointing to the POI), set my gimbal angle to frame the house, then apply the program. This is when the gimbal starts looking around on its own and I need to adjust the yaw and gimbal to find the house. One I find the house, everything works great and only minor tweaking is needed to keep the house in the center. Am I doing something wrong?

The gimbal flipping around when selecting different flight modes, return to home and upon landing is a know bug with the current firmware. They fix one thing and create two other issues. Welcome beta testers. Lol

Just got a prompt to update the DJIGO4 app. Included additions is the point of interest flight mode added to the Inspire 2.
Gonna go fly and test it out. Only been waiting for POI since I bought the I-2 last March. LOL

We have this aircraft on base. However the POI works okay, but the second flight controller is useless with no ability to control the camera. Did DJI miss this important feature ? Has anyone cracked the software to control the camera Via the second flight controller ??

Reactions: Mark Titcombe
We have this aircraft on base. However the POI works okay, but the second flight controller is useless with no ability to control the camera. Did DJI miss this important feature ? Has anyone cracked the software to control the camera Via the second flight controller ??

Aren't DJI products banned in the British military?

Mark

You are misinformed. As a pilot we are able to use any equipment purchased by the camp. These platforms are useful and cheap

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide