Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Post your total flight time and distance

Reaction score
I've been flying my inspire since January 3. I've gone through all the firmware updates,IMU calibration issues, and vibration issues. I'vr noticed that people are hesitant to fly and they are grounding their machines. I just wanted to say that I have not backed down from flying I fly daily multiple times a day and I'm very cautious and pay attention to a lot of the feedback from this forum. So thanks to everybody for your experiences and tips. I have a lot of confidence in the machine and just want to show that I have flown it successfully without any major incidents. I hope it gives people confidence to keep flying their Inspires.

Total distance flown over
45 flights
359 minutes
243894 feet/46 miles/74 km

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 120
Reactions: lrwskyfilms
WOW, fair play to you, mind you leaving in Malibu helps, got a spare room? :)
Limited to 1 battery here, work getting in the way and dark by 16:30 doesn't help. Also the lovely damp winter UK weather.
So a paltry;
24 flights
1hr 31mins flight time
6,775m total distance

Haven't tried yet, though limited in UK to 500m.

Really? I haven't flown the inspire that far but my Phantom lightbridge goes about 1.6miles no problem. Shouldn't the inspire not do that? I can see the maximum height been 500m but is there now a distance limiter as well?

And how far can you fly it with good video signal ?

Maximum distance I have flown is 1.3 miles/2.2 km. The video signal doesn't degrade gradually it just cuts out completeley as it goes further out of range. I typically switch from camera to map mode and just turn around and follow the trail back to where I regain video signal.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Really? I haven't flown the inspire that far but my Phantom lightbridge goes about 1.6miles no problem. Shouldn't the inspire not do that? I can see the maximum height been 500m but is there now a distance limiter as well?

In the UK 500m is the limit or line of sight away from you, and 400ft high.

That's great..your putting some serious miles on that baby.. do you mind telling us what your start up procedure is and what mode you fly in etc??

The most important thing is that I double and triple check the props before I fly. I calibrate the compass and as of late I have been going into advance calibration and check the mod values of the sensors. I fly 95% of the time in position hold mode. I used to always use auto take off because I just thought it was a cool feature but after some of the mishaps that I read on here I have started to use manual take off just to be sure to be in total control from the moment it leaves the ground in case it decides to freak out.

So you fly in p mode.. do you fly in the same place and what kind of surface do you take off from??
Have you flown out of range and had the return to home kick in??
Are you running the latest filmware?
Are you using an I pad or android device? ?
Thanks for your response and may the force be with you..haha..

So you fly in p mode.. do you fly in the same place and what kind of surface do you take off from??
Have you flown out of range and had the return to home kick in??
Are you running the latest filmware?
Are you using an I pad or android device? ?
Thanks for your response and may the force be with you..haha..

I fly from many different locations and usually take off from asphalt, concrete or the roof of my car. Primarily wide-open spaces with not a lot of obstructions.

I have flown out of range a couple of times and return to home works well, as soon as it gets back in range I cancel the return to home and take over the flight.

I am running firmware ver 16 and using an iPad air 2

I fly from many different locations and usually take off from asphalt, concrete or the roof of my car. Primarily wide-open spaces with not a lot of obstructions.

I have flown out of range a couple of times and return to home works well, as soon as it gets back in range I cancel the return to home and take over the flight.

I am running firmware ver 16 and using an iPad air 2
Thanks for taking the time to reply I appreciate it. .Happy flying. .

Reactions: inspired1
I've got only a total of 70 minutes of flight and 14,402m.
Longest mileage flight was 3,689m...but I'm still a big chicken when it comes to flying at height at 67m max altitude...

In the UK 500m is the limit or line of sight away from you, and 400ft high.

No it isn't. The CAA changed the FPV altitude limit last April to 1000 feet providing unaided visual contact is still made for avoidance purposes. The weight limit was also increased slightly up from 2.5kg to 3.5kg (for rotorcraft).
That doesn't mean everyone can go off now and fly at 1000' as you must still satisfy the rules under the ANO to be able to fly under the usual exemption of 166(3).

Last edited:
Reactions: jon b
No it isn't. The CAA changed the FPV altitude limit last April to 1000 feet providing unaided visual contact is still made for avoidance purposes. The weight limit was also increased slightly up from 2.5kg to 3.5kg (for rotorcraft).
That doesn't mean everyone can go off now and fly at 1000' as you must still satisfy the rules under the ANO to be able to fly under the usual exemption of 166(3).

Agree, but isn't that for non-licensed pilots? Or am I wrong again? :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa