Potential Inspire Buyer

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Joined this forum today to get some insight on the Inspire platform. I currently own a Phantom 3 Advanced. Absolutely love it. Being a photographer by trade, I'm not impressed by the still images of the P3A. I know the sensor is small ... etc. Now I'm looking into the option of purchasing the Inspire Pro since it has a larger 4:3 sensor, 16 megapixels, better low light and so on. Or get into an S1000 and connect my 5D to it for an even better full frame RAW file. Time will tell.

I just jumped from a P2 with a GoPro to an Inspire Pro. That is quite a jump in photo quality and technology! If you decide to take the plunge, there are quite a few vendors out there. I just dealt with FlyHighUSA who is an active participant on this board. Can't brag enough about him. He obviously loves this industry and wants you to have a good buying experience...and a good AFTER-buying experience.

Reactions: MDS Aerial
Nice. Do you have any high quality images from Inspire Pro posted anywhere? I basically want to compare some images side by side to it.

The Inspire Pro is the one you need if you are wanting true cinematic quality performance. I fly one daily and I would not trade it for any other bird that I know of. I am very happy with the quality of the X5

The Inspire Pro is the one you need if you are wanting true cinematic quality performance. I fly one daily and I would not trade it for any other bird that I know of. I am very happy with the quality of the X5
I believe I'd be using it more for photography now. And some video work on the side. Just wondering if I should look into a S1000 to attach my 5D camera? But that S1000 looks so complicated to run. Any other suggestions?

I have about 3 of each of DJI's birds and I can tell you the Inspire Pro is my favorite hands down. Yes the S1000 is a very impressive bird that will carry several different DSLR cameras. I use a Panasonic GH4 on mine. It does a really nice job but for me I prefer my Inspire Pro Black November any of them. It's easier to put up, quicker and for me the imaging is better and I am a stickler for quality. If you want to give me a call I would love to chat with you about what your plans are and what you're doing. I'll be happy to help you out in anyway.

Reactions: Dr. Ifly Drones
I agree with Ralph about the Inspire vs S1000+. I love my S1000 and enjoy flying it and if you think the Inspire draws in bystanders and questions then, you haven't seen anything like the S1000+ in the air. It's nothing short of awesome. All that said, getting mine in the air is a major pain in the *** and it absolutely requires 2 operators. Not to mention that a single battery for the S1000 costs about $450. Setting up your ground station takes and doing preflight takes about an hour with the S1000 and I could get my Inspire set up, in the air, and in many cases, the shot completed before I got ready to do the CSC to launch the S1000+.

Reactions: FlyHighUSA

How would you compare the Inspire 1 Pro vs a regular Inspire 1 with the X5? Are the 'Pro/V2' tweaks signficant?

Also, any X5 deals?

How would you compare the Inspire 1 Pro vs a regular Inspire 1 with the X5? Are the 'Pro/V2' tweaks signficant?

Also, any X5 deals?

You can upgrade the "V1" to a V2 (except the more powerful lightbridge/comminucation interface) to carry a X5 but some sources here say that sooner or later the V1 will go out of maintenance with firmware upgrades. If you have a limited budget and use it just as a hobbyist, the V1 isn't a bad machine. The V2 comes with the X3 and is ready to carry a X5. It depends on your profile which version is the best fit for you. The only difference between a V2 and the PRO is the camera and you will find many threads in this Board where you litterally see the differences.

Chris

I use a 5D Mk3 for my stills and video work for television and I dont believe the X5 cant take as good a picture as the Mark. 3.

I use a 5D Mk3 for my stills and video work for television and I dont believe the X5 cant take as good a picture as the Mark. 3.
For the obvious reasons you can't compare a MK3 with the X5. At first, you can't bring your MK3 in 60 seconds into the air. You don't have a 70-200 on your X5 and for sure you can't get the same perspective with your MK3 as you may get with your X5. But the most important one: shoot 3 images from the same scene with your iPhone, your MK3 and your X5 and show it to non professionals, they won't see a big difference and can't tell you which cam made which picture. you can spend a lot of money into a Hasselblad but without the "eye" a camera is just a expensive brick.

chris

1/1600, f/10, iso 200 Was trying to create a little flare with a sunset this evening

2 sec, f/8, iso 1600 (was trying to get some streetlamp sparkle). I know this is not sharp, but the wind was blowing about 10mph and this is a 2 second exposure. I

I still have a lot of learning to do, but so far I am liking the X5.

Reactions: FlyHighUSA
Terry, is this photo altered anyway with a noise filter? Just curious to why this particular image has it in the darker areas.

Attachments

• grain-noise.jpg
    341.3 KB · Views: 7