Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Problems with "red Colour Props"

Michael at @Florida Drone Supply never had the new style props or mounting plates in stock.
Yeah, apparently not, as they didn't work...

I went with some T-motor CF blades and some adapter plates for permanent mount until a better solution comes along. I'll just buy a giant pelican case and travel with the props on.

Well, actually...

"However, the Chinese manufacturer had grounded the Inspire 1 advising, both in the release notes and in an information window within the Assistant APP, to not use the quadricopter without first installing the propeller locks."

Con i nuovi blocca eliche il DJI INSPIRE 1 può tornare a volare in sicurezza | Quadricottero News

Firmware-Bug und Propeller-Probleme bei Quadcopter-Flaggschiff Inspire 1
Like I said in my post above - "The Inspire 1 was never the subject of a recall and was never taken off the market for props or any other reason!"

That means, the product was never suspended from manufacture or being sold and existing aircraft have never been recalled.

The first version (threaded) props were enhanced with a level of redundancy with a prop lock. This was provided for the Darwin Award winners who were unable to tighten a threaded prop because they were in such a hurry to get airborne or they just could be bothered. DJI simply advised caution and to ensure the v1 props were properly tightened before flight while waiting for the prop locks to arrive.
The IMU bug was evident in the first version of the firmware and was rectified quickly - It only affected individuals who used the auto take off feature and there were a very small number of incidents. - I have no idea whether either of my two units were affected since I never never even tried that feature.

Reactions: Phatzo and Cornscot
I know a couple of people that received new props with the band aid fix, the foam in the prop. In my opinion the only way to really fix this problem is with new better designed props and hubs.......the cheap injection moulded parts are not cutting it.

Nope, bought CF props and forgot all about those issues.

So did i ... DJI will never help. even the new mark 3 props don't fix the problem...because its not a prop issue alone you need to replace the "goal' posts. I have my new GF props and in fat they fly better than the DJI plastic ones.

Reactions: EDDSkitz
You are correct, the problem is not only the props, but the hub mounts too. So what props and mounts are you using that actually fit the I2 properly?

i did color reversal. used the white ones with the red props... END OF STORY.... but i did then start using carbon fibre props and I'm so happy i did. its faster response and faster speed. I will relook at DJI crap in six months and see what they can offer but right now I'm a happy guy

Inspire 2 products

Reactions: EDDSkitz
i did color reversal. used the white ones with the red props... END OF STORY.... but i did then start using carbon fibre props and I'm so happy i did. its faster response and faster speed. I will relook at DJI crap in six months and see what they can offer but right now I'm a happy guy

Inspire 2 products

If you don't mind me asking, where did you find the CF props that fit the I2. I was told that the ESC's on the I2 are designed to detect any prop that is not the same balance as the stock ones, and won't let the drone fly. This way DJI has control over what you can and can't use. For example it won't fly with folding props because of the weight design.

Inspire 2 products
Please Dr Jon, give us the ref. Of your prop and hub, from where did you ordered them?,
Hopefully they don't need to be modified.
Thanks in advance.

I made an inquiry at KDE Direct about possibly supplying props for our I2's with the problems. They are a company in the US that make high quality CF props, ESC's, and motors. I have used their products in the past, and I must say they are very well made and perform flawlessly.
But this is the response I received back:

Unfortunately, we do not have any adapters that are compatible with the DJI
Inspire series, as our adapters are 12mm apart. We tried modifying a set of
adapters to 13mm, and install our propellers - the catch is their
programming on the ESCs.

The ESCs are programmed to not allow a change in loading to the motors
(outside the typical torques of their plastic propellers), so with the added
performance of the KDE Direct 15.5" propellers, the ESC senses this and will
not allow the Inspire to take flight (reports a motor-loading "error").
Essentially, DJI has forced their clients into their equipment (cheap,
injection-molded propellers) - so unfortunately, there's no upgrades that
are allowed easily into their airframes.

I made an inquiry at KDE Direct about possibly supplying props for our I2's with the problems. They are a company in the US that make high quality CF props, ESC's, and motors. I have used their products in the past, and I must say they are very well made and perform flawlessly.
But this is the response I received back:

Unfortunately, we do not have any adapters that are compatible with the DJI
Inspire series, as our adapters are 12mm apart. We tried modifying a set of
adapters to 13mm, and install our propellers - the catch is their
programming on the ESCs.

The ESCs are programmed to not allow a change in loading to the motors
(outside the typical torques of their plastic propellers), so with the added
performance of the KDE Direct 15.5" propellers, the ESC senses this and will
not allow the Inspire to take flight (reports a motor-loading "error").
Essentially, DJI has forced their clients into their equipment (cheap,
injection-molded propellers) - so unfortunately, there's no upgrades that
are allowed easily into their airframes.
Interesting, absolutely fits the DJI approach !!

For the thousandth time..... lmao ,the problem is not the props!!!!!!

It's the mount [emoji44]

Please Dr Jon, give us the ref. Of your prop and hub, from where did you ordered them?,
Hopefully they don't need to be modified.
Thanks in advance.
The link is literally in the post you quoted!!!!

Why are people so lazy on here!?
I try to be nice, but wtf!?

Reactions: Advexure
The real problem is DJI, and it's all just crappy support, but the dealers keeping us up to speed on Matrice 200 updates...I don't own one of those, I want my 5K Inspire fixed correctly. I have to say DJI's support is terrible, and sorry to throw the dealers under the bus but they ARE the interface between us and them, so it is their responsibility...Perhaps I could convince a dealer to send me a complete unit without payment and I'll tell them "Coming soon" or "Will keep you updated". I get it people have found alternate solutions.. so now we have 200 USD to get props that work? WTF.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you find the CF props that fit the I2. I was told that the ESC's on the I2 are designed to detect any prop that is not the same balance as the stock ones, and won't let the drone fly. This way DJI has control over what you can and can't use. For example it won't fly with folding props because of the weight design.

Try reading my response again i provided the link in that email.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stijn_vandenbussche@hotma