Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Problems with "red Colour Props"

According to my dealer, it's okay to operate with loose props...which is crazy, and I cannot imagine DJI conducted testing to confirm that. Many of us fought for a DJI solution, which isn't happening..Carbon setup is the answer...which sucks that you have to spend another $250 for proper props, but when a company (DJI) has no real competition, they call the shots...and they are.

My dealer has said the same thing but i don't think i'm going to risk it, surely any movement has the potential to cause a problem

My supplier (heliguy) just sent me the updated props and motor mounts but they look identical?

Hi Everyone. I really would like to pull the trigger and finally go from Phantom to Inspire 2. I'm just really concerned I'm gonna run into the red prop problem. Has DJI fixed this yet? Is the problem on all I2's or just a certain percentage? Any help greatly appreciated.

Happy to be first to respond, and don't care if I incur the wrath of other I2 users who have a different view. Got an I1 early, had a P1, P2, and P4 which I sold or passed onto friends/relatives, and have had my 12 for about 3.5 months. I have the X4S camera and gimbal, which I may update. I have watched the numerous threads about "noisy" red props with interest. My I2 will make the same noise when I rotate or spin the red props by hand with the craft on the ground. My view is that I do not give a toss about this noise. The mechanism that holds the props, I feel is DJI's best effort compared to all the various prop options that came out for the I1 (I ended up with the T Carbon Motor Props and the LP adapters). My view is that the noise is irrelevant to the flying of the craft. Once the motors are spinning and the craft is airborne, the props (red or white) are not going anywhere they shouldn't. I am not aware of any prop losses in flight for the I2 and I have had zero problems with my rig, despite considerable time flying aggressively. Once I have flown a mission and return with some battery power left, I run the batteries down to 10 to 15% by going into sports mode and flying around where I am, mostly flat out. I feel this is good practice to get use to flying with the craft in different orientations and it is great fun. :):cool::rolleyes: My advice is, don't wait any longer, get the I2 and enjoy what is really a great quad-copter.

How do you know? I've preordered and heard nothing other than they were delayed because of a new design.

Oh? Did not know that, I just saw the Order now button and assumed they're not in stock. I plan to get them after I get X5S. Let me know if they work better than stock or it's just that they fold

Hi Everyone. I really would like to pull the trigger and finally go from Phantom to Inspire 2. I'm just really concerned I'm gonna run into the red prop problem. Has DJI fixed this yet? Is the problem on all I2's or just a certain percentage? Any help greatly appreciated.
Hi all, this is my first time on this forum. Here in New Zealand they recalled all my props and replaced them with a new batch that have foam inserts in them. I no longer have the problem of a noisey motor when I rotate the props manually. All white and red were replaced and they solved the problem. Hope this is helpful

To be honest it's really a non-problem - there are so many work-arounds. if you want an I2, go ahead and buy one... life's too short not too :D

Just looked at my logs and I've 24hrs air time and 148 miles logged with version 1 'problem' red props. I've not replaced the props, all I do is shim the red prop hubs with a bit of paper to stop any vibration. Once there's a definitive DJI fix for the prop/hub, then I'll do something about changing them over, until then I'll keep flying with what I've got - it ain't a problem.

I bought an I2 a week or so back (in UK) and have the problem - 3 out of the 4 motors have loose props (both red and - surprisingly - one white one also). I only got a chance to set it all up last Saturday and everything else appears fine so a bit disappointed. I decided not to actually fly it as the red props were really quite sloppy when mounted and they already have the foam inserts in them (but no '2' markings on them). I'll be talking to the dealer tomorrow about how this gets rectified as it is a lot of money to be sitting on the ground.

Incidentally there is another thread running on here where super-glue has been used to build up the height of the prop to stop the rocking - working on the assumption that the height of the red props is too short when sat in the prop mounts. Is this a viable long-term fix; does super-glue actually set to become a form of hard plastic like the prop itself? Does anyone here know anything about the properties of the glue over time (i.e. stability)?

We really do not need another "Red Props" thread so I have merged this one with the original

Reactions: oblivie
Hey guys, I have a quick and permanent solution if you need the issue fixed in a matter of minutes. Some of these items you already have around the house, no need to buy replacement locking arms or props.

Here is a flight video of the Inspire2 with the fix.
Cool!! I will try.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters