Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Propeller Case - Anyone make or Print one?

Reaction score
Website
www.colegentry.io
Hey folks searched around on google and the forums but couldn't find anything. I use the standard DJI case and used to carry around all my propellers. However I think they got a little warped and now I get a little jello effect in my camera. Regardless I am looking for a case to hold one set of the propellers that would fit in the slot they already sit in. Anyone make/sell something like this?

I have a 3d printer !!! But not big enougg lol it only 200x200mm
If you print in ABS then you can print parts and join the together

/edit

Forgot one small detail.

You use acetone to join the parts.

Sent from my S5

Last edited:
I just bought a flightcase with 2 plastic tubes, each carrying 1 set of props:

2015-06-30 at 17-27-21.jpg

I got the case from Martin Spencer. https://www.facebook.com/MRaXessories, He charges approx. 500 Euro/Dollar for it. It is indeed a smart design, clearly made by someone who is a drone user himself. Martin ships to UK/Europe only. In Europe we cannot buy tradecraft or goprofessional cases, besides the prop-cases these cases are similar to those of martin. You could also take a "pmma transparant acryl" tube (with caps on both ends) and fit it in/on a kit case. Alternatively, you can make cuts in the casing foam and push the propellers in the cuts (this would prevent the props from touching eacht other as well).

Reactions: Clampit
I got the case from Martin Spencer. https://www.facebook.com/MRaXessories, He charges approx. 500 Euro/Dollar for it. It is indeed a smart design, clearly made by someone who is a drone user himself. Martin ships to UK/Europe only. In Europe we cannot buy tradecraft or goprofessional cases, besides the prop-cases these cases are similar to those of martin. You could also take a "pmma transparant acryl" tube (with caps on both ends) and fit it in/on a kit case. Alternatively, you can make cuts in the casing foam and push the propellers in the cuts (this would prevent the props from touching eacht other as well).
Many thanks for coming back to me plus all the above info is very interesting & much appreciated;)

I've now got something to follow up & look into. I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks again;)

Reactions: dirkclod
BTW: There are cases for Inspires in "Landing Mode" and "Travel Mode". Both types of cases are too big to be taken as hand-luggage in most airlines. In some of the "Landing Mode" cases (incl. the one of Martin), you can leave the camera mounted on the drone. The landing mode cases are a bit bulkier than travel mode cases, so make sure it has wheels. If you use the case to transport the drone from one flight to another, i find the landing mode case to be more suitable (les than 2 minutes set-up time until take-off). Please note that you cannot leave batteries in the case when traveling with the case on an airplane (you can bring max. 2 TB48's plus -as many as you want- TB47 batteries in hand-luggage if the airline uses the FAA guidelines).

Thanks for the heads up, yep been looking into it & I have noticed that the "landing mode" cases are much bulkier, I might have problems getting that case in to boot of my car so I may have to apt for the "travel mode" case, stock case fits lovely in the car;). Only got a two seater car.....

I've also been doing my research on taking it on holiday but I have opted out that I will take my P2V which is much smaller & will be able to take it on as "carry on" with my B&W type 61 case.

Reactions: dirkclod
I made this, fits on the original case.The props can be put there easily but dont have much space to move around, so thats a nifty solution. I'm making an improved design to be printed, but this one works well.
I'm actually opening up a shop on Etsy today for this kind of stuff, so If anyone is interested on any of my custom gear you can message me and we'll set something up.

8Z301AS.jpg

BAFdcQZ.jpg

I made this, fits on the original case.The props can be put there easily but dont have much space to move around, so thats a nifty solution. I'm making an improved design to be printed, but this one works well.
I'm actually opening up a shop on Etsy today for this kind of stuff, so If anyone is interested on any of my custom gear you can message me and we'll set something up.

8Z301AS.jpg

BAFdcQZ.jpg
That's so cool;) I'm playing around at the mo with some tubing for the props but not got the right size yet.

Reactions: dirkclod and Solid

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop