Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Question for all

It flew a little bit better, but not as well as I was expecting. Was hoping to supplement the P4P+ with the I1pro. I’m curious about the I2 to see if that stays more “true” to position then the I1 pro.
The Inspire 2 would definitely be better than the Inspire 1, although over the past couple years we have found ourselves turning up the gains to get better stability.

It flew a little bit better, but not as well as I was expecting. Was hoping to supplement the P4P+ with the I1pro. I’m curious about the I2 to see if that stays more “true” to position then the I1 pro.

The I2 resembles the I1 in form only. You can bet the I2 will be 10x more stable than the I1.

D

In my experience I see that when I get higher in altitude the better it is.And I mean something about 100 ft.Close to the ground there is more unstable wind.
Also I flew my Inspire with windspeeds from 20 mph and no problem at all.Sure you can see the Inspire moving and I will stay away from objects that are close.But all my photo's are fine thanks to the gimble.
Flying is no problem in any wind direction.
I have my Inspire from day 1 and did only one compass calibration(and I have been all over Europe) and twice an IMU calibration.
Owned a P3 and P4 and I prefer my Inspire .
Find yourself a good open area and lurn to trust your Inspire.
Good luck and happy flying:)

I have two Inspire 1's (one standard and one pro) to trade in for one Inspire 2 pro. :)
We had traded a for a number of Inspire 1's over the past year and still have several. Its getting to be too old of a aircraft for us to move very quickly, so unfortunately we are not interested. Thanks for the contact though! If you are still interested in an Inspire 2 in the future feel free to reach out to us.
Thanks,
Cody

I believe the problem is with settings. My Inspire 1 was rock solid, even in windy conditions until I changed sensitivity and responsiveness settings. Gain and expo affect how the CONTROL controls the I1, but I believe the sensitivity and braking settings etc, change the characteristics of the ac.

When I first got the I1, the braking was set pretty abrupt so when I let go of the sticks, it would brake really hard (scary almost). I also lowered sensitivity to round out the movement of the ac when moving sticks. This helped keep the I1 from getting twitchy while filming. I think the side affect of all that is that it now drifts more in the wind.

Iirc you can setup profiles (3 I believe). If what I suspect is true, you can use a less responsive profile for filming and a more responsive one for landing or in higher winds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom F
I run mine at 25-30MPH all the time without a problem use Airdata it will give you windspeed reads at differenet altitudes during flight

I’m curious about the I2 to see if that stays more “true” to position then the I1 pro.
I'm a commercial operator with significant flight time on I2, I1, P4P, and Mavic Pro (as well as older Phantoms). The I1 handles poorly compared to all of the other specific birds I listed, but I've flown it successfully for demanding film companies with decent results and find it to be completely usable, so it is relative. My I2 is significantly more stable and predictable than my I1's (I've owned 2). BTW, Your initial experience with the I1 does not sound normal. For both the I1 and I2 I always calibrate the IMU and compass after these birds have been shipped via any carrier or as baggage on a plane.

The altitude for an Inspire is calculated from a barometric altimeter, I believe...not from visual sensors or GPS like a P4P or Mavic. Gusty winds cause it to float up and down due to the rapidly changing pressure readings at the drone. I have had a hard time in gusty winds at low altitude but it does well at higher altitude where the winds are more stableand the camera angle is wider. I live in west Texas where it is almost always windy. My guideline are 17 mph steady winds or less and gusts under 22 mph. If I get a little instability in video I stabilize it in Premiere. If it’s low altitude stuff, like a roof inspection with a lot of obstacles around, my wind tolerances would be lower or else it can be kind of a rodeo.

The altitude for an Inspire is calculated from a barometric altimeter, I believe...not from visual sensors or GPS like a P4P or Mavic. Gusty winds cause it to float up and down due to the rapidly changing pressure readings at the drone. I have had a hard time in gusty winds at low altitude but it does well at higher altitude where the winds are more stableand the camera angle is wider. I live in west Texas where it is almost always windy. My guideline are 17 mph steady winds or less and gusts under 22 mph. If I get a little instability in video I stabilize it in Premiere. If it’s low altitude stuff, like a roof inspection with a lot of obstacles around, my wind tolerances would be lower or else it can be kind of a rodeo.
Phantoms (all varieties) and Mavics also use internal barometric Sensors to calculate agl. Cameras and IR sensors will only work at very low altitude before the barometer takes over.
The barometric solid state devices used in most UAV's have a resolution of around 10cm.
GPS is far to inaccurate to calculate altitude as it can be as much as 400ft out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk