Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Question for someone with an Inspire 1 and a P4

Reaction score
HI Guys, I am seriously thinking of starting a IR imaging service using the Inspire 1 (the Inspire 2 is not compatible with the Flir camera). Having only flown Phantoms I am wondering if the I1 is similar to flying the P4 while in GPS mode other than the fact its much bigger and flies a lot quicker!

Had both, Inspire is obviously larger, not as nimble as the P4, and because of this, in tight situations, it's not nearly as handy.... Both are good platforms, minus the battery issues that Inspire can have (I had a bumb battery that caused my bird to drop out of the sky @ over 400ft...) Needless to say there wasn't much left of the inspire...
Should get a good deal on a inspire 1 with the 2 being released!

Cheers,

J

HI Guys, I am seriously thinking of starting a IR imaging service using the Inspire 1 (the Inspire 2 is not compatible with the Flir camera). Having only flown Phantoms I am wondering if the I1 is similar to flying the P4 while in GPS mode other than the fact its much bigger and flies a lot quicker!

I have been flying a Phantom 3 STD for about 8 mos. Got my Inspire 1 on Ebay and flew it for first time yesterday. Flew very similar to Phantom, a bit more thrust but with the x5 on it it was not faster than my Phantom (raced them several times). Not sure if this was a battery, weight or other reason. I expected more to be honest. Maybe the Inspire 1 v2 might be faster?? The ability to hold a position and rake the pics/video is similar, but the big improvement is the ability to control the camera better. You can pan, tilt and snap photos or video all from buttons and wheels at your fingertips.

I got the unit to do serious commercial work like 3D imaging, thermal imaging and pro photography. I am actually looking for pilots to join my team as contractors. We are building a nationwide network of pilots to fly these missions. Should be some good projects for all different levels. One advantage will be the ability to rent the camera gear for the missions so all you need is the Inspire, license, insurance and our practical certification as well. In most cases all we are asking pilots to do is get the footage and we can do the processing in house.

Good luck to you!

Hi William, very interesting indeed. Sadly, I am in Canada so not much use to you. My local DJI dealer is looking into buying and then renting a Flir camera to outfitters and is waiting on the insurance costs. Basically I want to do exactly what you are talking about. At the moment I am gathering information about market demand and so on.
There is a British company that is worldwide called www.airstoc.com that is a great place to advertise yourself, your pictures/video. They also have a job board showing who is looking for what and in what region. I'd take a look.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElwoodLope