Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Quick Deploy Case

Just had a quick back and forth with tradecraft cases and they said they are hoping to release a case for the i1 by the end of the week!!! Said it would be quick deploy(no travel mode)

Reactions: Wiski23
I purchased the case, expecting a trip in the near future. I didn't want to risk checking the Inspire 1 in its standard case, which seems pretty much not up to the task. The Inspire 1 stays in ready mode with the props removed, and for short trips they say you can keep the gimbal/camera attached, which is probably not something I'd do for anything more than shuttling around to different locations on the same day.

The foam is denser than what comes in the standard case, and there's lots more of it. Of course the hard plastic shell, which is built by SKB, is way more protective, and the side latches far more secure than the zipper on the standard case. You can put a TSA approved lock or two on this thing and feel reasonably confident that no unauthorized person is opening it during transport.

Some points to consider:
It's big. By volume it might even be twice as big as the standard case. The material is heavier too, of course. That obviously makes it harder to carry around. It has wheels and an extending handle, but you're gonna need them if you're walking any distance at all.

It has room for two controllers, but there's only one slot for the tablet, so it seems a slight oversight that they didn't engineer a second slot somehow. Also, the camera case sits uncomfortably close to one of the struts on the UAV. They actually touch when everything is packed. I don't think the pressure would be enough to do any damage, but it's definitely a little disconcerting. I tried several configurations for how to pack the camera in there, but it just doesn't seem quite right. Admittedly, the Inspire 1 camera case is an odd shape, even in its own original case.

tradecraft_case.jpg

Happy with the results. The only issue I really had was after applying PD the props were grabbing the perimeter foam and bending, so I cut into the perimeter foam a bit in order to make it easier to put the bird in and take it out. If you plan on getting the E800 prop adapters in the future, just plan to store with props off. The new adapters make installing the props effortless. You could also get a smaller case if you wanted to travel with props off. The PD works great, but you need a lot of it to coat this amount of foam, especially with all the pockets I added. I went through about 10 cans of black to get 4 coats on everything and 2 cans of white (optional) to add some style and contrast to the bottom layer.

Full review on RigCast.

View attachment 368 View attachment 369

1690 on the way .. Still happy? :) Have your case worked well?

1690 on the way .. Still happy? :) Have your case worked well?

It's still working perfectly, and I use it 1-4 times per week. Foam hasn't deteriorated at all (with the PlastiDip coats). Many times I go off-roading to my flight area, so the case is bouncing around in the pickup bed. No issues with the case, bird, or any equipment contained within.

It's still working perfectly, and I use it 1-4 times per week. Foam hasn't deteriorated at all (with the PlastiDip coats). Many times I go off-roading to my flight area, so the case is bouncing around in the pickup bed. No issues with the case, bird, or any equipment contained within.

Sounds great, the only thing I'm missing right now is the PD..
No dealer nearby, so I have to order online..

A question, have not used Plasti Dip earlier.
Saw that you used spray cans, but I found a big can (3.7L) of paint that was significantly cheaper.
What do you think, is it difficult to brush out the PD..?
Am I stupid and stingy if I buy the bigger can? :)

But it does so much more. I have not flown a Phantom or my S900 since I got the Inspire. I fly on airlines all the time with it. Perfect traveling companion. No backpack for hiking yet. I may figure that out later.
do you use the Inspire case from DJI and bring on as carry on? if so can u tell me what airline or airlines have allowed it i haven't tried yet but was wondering since i know it will fit in over head bin but technically it is bigger then the size allowed from all major airlines in the USA and CANADA but not by much..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters