Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!
Reaction score
Website
www.powerdronesales.com
Hey Fellow Pilots,
Starting to get some RC's in the shop with battery issues.
Has anyone found a new reliable source for these batteries in the US? I really don't want to disappoint my clients. Just looking for some links. I'm trying to avoid waiting to get them from China or DJI directly.
Thanks in advance! BB.
rcbattery6000.jpg

Hey Fellow Pilots,
Starting to get some RC's in the shop with battery issues.
Has anyone found a new reliable source for these batteries in the US? I really don't want to disappoint my clients. Just looking for some links. I'm trying to avoid waiting to get them from China or DJI directly.
Thanks in advance! BB.
rcbattery6000.jpg
I haven't heard of a source of OEM batteries but the ones I have seen replaced have simply sourced a 2s 6,000mah pack of nearly identical dimension (or smaller) from the likes of HobbyKing etc and fitted those.

Reactions: dv8ed
I haven't heard of a source of OEM batteries but the ones I have seen replaced have simply sourced a 2s 6,000mah pack of nearly identical dimension (or smaller) from the likes of HobbyKing etc and fitted those.
Thanks Mark.
I had thought about that option as well, but not sure if the specs were correct. The RC contains the cell balancer for charging correct?
I will not need the 3 wire balancing plug for anything will I? Just direct red to red and black to black. Should be simple enough.
Found a couple of batteries that might fit. I just want to make sure that if I go after market, I make no mistakes.
Thanks for the advise as always. I think this will be a hot topic soon enough for the remotes that are almost 2 years old.
For the ones that have spent money on modding your RC, This is your best option. Most of us probably wont want to have to purchase a whole new RC just because of a used up battery.
Anyone want to ad to this thread? Please by all means do.:)

Thanks Mark.
I had thought about that option as well, but not sure if the specs were correct. The RC contains the cell balancer for charging correct?
I will not need the 3 wire balancing plug for anything will I? Just direct red to red and black to black. Should be simple enough.
Found a couple of batteries that might fit. I just want to make sure that if I go after market, I make no mistakes.
Thanks for the advise as always. I think this will be a hot topic soon enough for the remotes that are almost 2 years old.
For the ones that have spent money on modding your RC, This is your best option. Most of us probably wont want to have to purchase a whole new RC just because of a used up battery.
Anyone want to ad to this thread? Please by all means do.:)
Blue Bird, Did you replace the RC battery with the suggested one? Can you link the page to order them.
Thanks and happy holidays

Blue Bird, Did you replace the RC battery with the suggested one? Can you link the page to order them.
Thanks and happy holidays
I got this one to fit, but I had to trim the battery box in the controller.
You will need to snip off the plug from the old battery and connect to the new one.
Turnigy nano-tech 6000mah 2S 25~50C Lipo Pack
Good luck, BB..

Thanks for the info
Is the splice striaghtforward?
Blk-Blk Red-Red. I think I saw two of each color

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots
Yes. Just twist the same colors together and connect.
On the old battery, the double lead goes to one connection point anyway.
I assume DJI designed a split off from the battery to power 2 different areas of the controller circuit board. It also serves as the battery balancer that is built into the controller thru the charger.

Yes. Just twist the same colors together and connect.
On the old battery, the double lead goes to one connection point anyway.
I assume DJI designed a split off from the battery to power 2 different areas of the controller circuit board. It also serves as the battery balancer that is built into the controller thru the charger.
Ok, saw the battery. Did you cut the 2 thick cables red-blk or just tucked them inside the battery compartment?

Ok, saw the battery. Did you cut the 2 thick cables red-blk or just tucked them inside the battery compartment?
Yes for the most part. You will need to connect to those larger wires.
You will not need the small connection as that is the balancing connection.
Just tuck wires in the best that you can. One note, I would solder and shrink wrap the connection joints.

Reactions: FCD
Greetings Blue Bird ,
Got the battery and measured and dremeled the battery compartment and "made" it fit properly. Once closed the charging plug receptacle is not centered in the case hole and can't insert the charger plug. The battery is too thick and there is no more plastic to cut or sand, except making a cutout on the bottom of the case just below the battery to make it go deeper so the charging plug soldered to the circuit board does not touch the battery and can be aligned with the hole. Did you encounter this dilema?

Greetings Blue Bird ,
Got the battery and measured and dremeled the battery compartment and "made" it fit properly. Once closed the charging plug receptacle is not centered in the case hole and can't insert the charger plug. The battery is too thick and there is no more plastic to cut or sand, except making a cutout on the bottom of the case just below the battery to make it go deeper so the charging plug soldered to the circuit board does not touch the battery and can be aligned with the hole. Did you encounter this dilema?
Hello my friend,
Sorry for the delay in getting back with you. I had left some lead wire on the battery. I also did not reinstall the battery box cover.
Perhaps you can send a pic? Show me how you have done yours.
I will try to help you with suggestions. Mine has been working fine.
Regards,,, BB..

Interesting. My battery is not that thick. Give me a few to double check the specs. The length looks right. Original battery thickness measures 13mm.
The new battery should be 16mm. Yes it is a very tight fit.
Can you measure the new battery? I want to make sure I linked you to the right one. I can call Hobby King to find out tomorrow and double check.

I got the one you linked me:
SKU N6000.2s.25
Turnigy nano-tech 6000mah 2S 25 50C Lipo pack $30.04 + shipping
measurements are in inches:
6" x 1 7/8" x 3/4" (L x W x H)

I got the one you linked me:
SKU N6000.2s.25
Turnigy nano-tech 6000mah 2S 25 50C Lipo pack $30.04 + shipping
measurements are in inches:
6" x 1 7/8" x 3/4" (L x W x H)
Ok, I double checked the specs on that battery and it is approximately 4mm to thick. My apologies. I will have to back track thru my emails to get the correct sku. I will give Hobby King a call tomorrow and check with them.
I will let you know. Hang in there, will try to get you up and running shortly.

Hey guys

I'm having issues as well with my RC battery on my inspire pro black. I thought it was odd to be working just fine for the past year or so and all of the sudden it's dead. Just like that. Won't turn on unless connected to the charger. When connected it reacts properly. As soon as the charger cable is removed it shuts off. Did I do any harm to it by using the 180w rapid charger?

I've been told that OEM batteries are unavailable. I was gonna send it in to DJI for repair but I had the DBS mod done and I'm not sure how will they approach that. Will they repair it and send me a bill? Obviously I imagine they wouldn't warranty it.

Or should I install aftermarket like you guys are doing or have done?

Advice please...

- Chris

Chris, It's your call but I personally don't have the down time to send my remote to DJI and wait for like a month to change the remote battery, I use my drone on a daily basis on my business and cannot afford the wait time. I don't understand DJI's client policy. As I posted on their forum If a remote battery lasts about 2 years, so it's out of warranty whats the use of denying owners of a battery that can be easily replaced in 20 minutes. There are customers who prefer to send their remote for the replacement but there are thousands who are willing to do it themselves, like myself. My experience with DJI has been less than poor. So I try to avoid them at all cost. But It is My personal opinion. Hopefully, a China supplier will do what the Chinese are expert, make a suitable replacement and sell thousands thru Ebay, Amazon, etc. for a fraction of the price of the DJI model. That would be wonderful. Poetic justice!
My two cents,
Tiki

Sorry, got carried away with DJI, but once I finish the replacement/mod, I will post finished images and links to the correct battery.
Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan