Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!
I didn't want to wait a month either....so I purchased a new remote. That'll give you an idea of my lack of patience. Lol. Ultimately I wanted to have a slave anyways so not the biggest deal.

I wouldn't mind doing the swap myself. I just wasn't sure if everything would be compatible with an aftermarket battery.

Thanks for taking the time.

- Chris

Interesting. My battery is not that thick. Give me a few to double check the specs. The length looks right. Original battery thickness measures 13mm.
The new battery should be 16mm. Yes it is a very tight fit.
Can you measure the new battery? I want to make sure I linked you to the right one. I can call Hobby King to find out tomorrow and double check.
Good afternoon Blue Bird,
Were you able to verify the Battery size with Hobby King?
Thanks, TIki

Original battery pack has the balancer built in. You must use the original PC board balancer from the origional battery pack. Then modify the new battery pack. Take care when you do this mod.
It works but with care in the procces.

Ok, but that does not answer the original question. Is the battery that you linked me the same battery you purcahsed from Hobby King and fitted inside the controller?

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Original battery pack has the balancer built in. You must use the original PC board balancer from the origional battery pack. Then modify the new battery pack. Take care when you do this mod.
It works but with care in the procces.

Just ran into the same issue ...

So I assume you charge with the discharge leads and the board based balancer and leave the original balance leads unused?

--already validated- works this way ...

I had to sacrifice a little on capacity to make it fit better, I went for this one which should fit nicely when I remove the a bit of the cover ZIPPY Flightmax 5800mAh 2S1P 30C

Dimensions: 140x50x19mm - Though the dimension are correct it is still a bit too big ... will need to sacrifice more and go to 5000mah Optipowers instead ...

Last edited:
I can confirm the Optipower works perfectly fine and almost fits the original casing - slightly thicker ...

Optipower Lipo Cell Rx Battery 5000mAh 2S 25C OPR50002SRX

Capacity................................5000mAh
Cells.....................................2
C Rate Continuous.................25
Max Burst C Rate...................60
Recommended Charge C Rate...1c
Max Charge C Rate.................3c
Plug/ Silicon Leads.................20AWG
Balancer...............................JST-XH
Sizes....................................length 99mm x width 44mm x thickness 19mm
Weight.................................202g

the 5000mah vs 6000mah - to be fair I dont consider this much of an issue knowing the transmitter consumption levels ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth