Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Repurposed original Inspire 1 drone case

Reaction score
Website
airtaccavs.com
Good afternoon fellow droners. I bought a GPC case for my Inspire 1 which meant that I had the original case sitting around gathering dust. I decided to change it into an equipment case. Took measurements, bought angled iron, plexiglass, 36 " hinge cut to size, slam locks and foam. This is the result... Happy New Year!!!!!!!

I1 case 2.jpgI1 case 1.jpgnew case 1.jpgnew case 2.jpgnew case 3.jpgnew case 4.jpgnew case 5.jpgnew case 7.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: CoreySnipes
Good afternoon fellow droners. I bought a GPC case for my Inspire 1 which meant that I had the original case sitting around gathering dust. I decided to change it into an equipment case. Took measurements, bought angled iron, plexiglass, 36 " hinge cut to size, slam locks and foam. This is the result... Happy New Year!!!!!!!

View attachment 30253View attachment 30249View attachment 30251View attachment 30240View attachment 30241View attachment 30243View attachment 30246View attachment 30247
Forgive my ignorance, but what is this? I see "equipment case," but why the locks? And what kind of equipment? It would be kewl to see what you're storing inside these cases.

D

Last edited:
Forgive my ignorance, but what is this? I see "equipment case," but why the locks? And what kind of equipment? It would be kewl to see what you're storing inside these cases.

D
Good evening "D." Forgive my vagueness in the description. I have an Inspire 1 V1 and I bought a ready to fly drone case. The original Inspire 1 case was just sitting around taking up space. So what I did was turn it into an equipment case by taking the original molded foam out, putting pick and pluck foam in it. Also hinged plexiglass on the upper and lower sections to the equipment in place when the case is closed. The slam locks are in place to keep the plexiglass covers in place when closed. I haven't put the additional equipment i.e. lenses, FLIR camera and accessories, OSMO and accessories, remote microphone, etc., in it yet.
The Inspire 1 case is more compact and I can turn the old case into a gun case... Um Just Sayin...old equipment case.jpgnew case 4.jpg

Last edited:
Good evening "D." Forgive my vagueness in the description. I have an Inspire 1 V1 and I bought a ready to fly drone case. The original Inspire 1 case was just sitting around taking up space. So what I did was turn it into an equipment case by taking the original molded foam out, putting pick and pluck foam in it. Also hinged plexiglass on the upper and lower sections to the equipment in place when the case is closed. The slam locks are in place to keep the plexiglass covers in place when closed. I haven't put the additional equipment i.e. lenses, FLIR camera and accessories, OSMO and accessories, remote microphone, etc., in it yet.
The Inspire 1 case is more compact and I can turn the old case into a gun case... Um Just Sayin...View attachment 30256View attachment 30257
Nice! Funny, but you inspired me (no pun intended!).

I built a portable charging system that would quick charge any and all batteries off a car battery (seen here charging P4P batteries in the field).

1610240717318.png

This was the initial build to basically beta test all the components in real-world job scenarios. The good news is that it works like a charm. I have used it on several jobs with great success. The bad news was that the build stopped there. I have been racking my brains trying to figure out a more-convenient form factor for this beast. Enter; you!

My business partner has two unused Inspire 1 cases that have been collecting dust for years. He agreed to give one of them to me. Now that I have a case as a building block, this baby will practically build itself! Thanx!

Note: My charger utilizes direct DC -> DC charging, so there's no energy wasted on heating up rectifiers for the DC -> AC / AC -> DC conversions. We're chargin' batteries, man! We ain't makin' no sines! HA! Get it?!?! Bwahahahahahaha!!!

D

Reactions: CoreySnipes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela