Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

REVIEW: Smart Power Charger DJI Inspire 1 SPC4500

Received mine today from Droneland.nl, fantastic service and arrived in 3 days.

I have to say it feels like very good quality piece of equipment. I understand the concerns of the pricing, and I had my reservations initially, but then the convenience of it, especially being able to charge both controllers and tablets off the one unit is very useful. Also with regards to pricing, the cost of a charger for when I was using an s900 and its brick batteries cost a fortune.

I understand there is an app being developed to detail telemetry and also possibly charge to storage etc.

The charger does charge all four batteries at the same time. It takes 85 minutes to charge the TB47 batteries and 105 minutes to charge the TB 48 batteries.

The charger does charge all four batteries at the same time. It takes 85 minutes to charge the TB47 batteries and 105 minutes to charge the TB 48 batteries.

The charger automatic shuts down upon completion. It is constantly monitoring the battery. I still monitor the batteries as I charge. It is NOT good practice to leave Lipos unattended during charging

Last edited:
Reactions: mdomeny
yes correct this unit will not be affected by any firmware upgrades made by DJI, The Smart Charger will infact maybe upgradeable in the future by firmware and be able to control more of this charger and make minor changes but this option is not available yet and there is not date of release.

I do also own this charger and until now it works perfect... :)

On the power supply are the number : RSP-500-24
http://eu.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Mean-Well/RSP-500-24/?qs=8uyp/y7yFW5FrdkZCZycgg==

Thx Moonglider.

What a crappy little 500w power supply. (no wonder why it takes 2 hours)
Four tb48 require 800w,
there should be a 1000w supply if you also want to charge radio and tablet

great design, chitty supply.

I wonder if they will sell us just the box so we can install our own supplies and fans?

Thx Moonglider.

Four tb48 require 800w,

I wonder if they will sell us just the box so we can install our own supplies and fans?[/QUOTE

Carlsberg, lets quite spreading flat out lies. The charger does not take 2 hours to charge batteries. It takes 85 minutes for the TB47 and 105 minutes for the TB48. This is well within spec.

The charger does not need 500W as it charges at C1 (nice and steady to protect the battery). The 500w power supply is also run through a circuit board prior to hitting the batteries, so everything is balanced and spot on.

I should have a video out in the next couple days that will show a stop watch next to a complete charge from start to finish.

Reactions: jon b
I got mine a week ago as well.
It didn't charge any faster, got hot/smelled, then stopped working on day 3.
I'm just getting my money back as it is NOT a good idea to charge lipos unattended.
I will get 4 of the new dji quick chargers for less money, and charge all 4 of my packs in one hour, then I'm done done, took 3 hours using the $400.00 "smartcharge", (with a very cheap power supply). too much stress for me watching my lipos charge for 3 hours. going back!

What's your order number?
Did you actually bought one?
We've sold a few thousands world wide and there's not a single return.

This is not a fast charger.
You obviously don't know much about the lipos in DJI's smart battery.
We've limited the charge rate to 1C to protect your batteries in the long term and also to maintain your batteries' warranty with DJI.

And you are WRONGLY comparing to 4 DJI chargers.
We charge 4 batt's, 2 x RCs and 2 x USB at the same time.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435716128.012325.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435716184.032742.jpg

Reactions: Dogemaster

We've limited the charge rate to 1C to protect your batteries in the long term and also to maintain your batteries' warranty with DJI.

View attachment 2606
View attachment 2607

Well stated. Like I said, I don't have any affiliation with the company, but they make one hell of a product. It has made my life so much easier!

popcorn_jon_stewart.gif

Carlsberg, lets quite spreading flat out lies. The charger does not take 2 hours to charge batteries. It takes 85 minutes for the TB47 and 105 minutes for the TB48. This is well within spec.

The charger does not need 500W as it charges at C1 (nice and steady to protect the battery). The 500w power supply is also run through a circuit board prior to hitting the batteries, so everything is balanced and spot on.

Great, so you are clueless to what's really going on.

WHAT is "well within spec" ???

You have no clue to what you are talking about, period.

Look at page 60 of your I1 manual.
Take note that the supplied tb47 asks for 180w, (200w for the tb48)
multiply 4 x 200w and see what you get, (then plug in a radio and tablet - lol)

You have no clue what you are talking about, and i'm NOT going to waste my time.

How much for the box WITHOUT the inadequate power supply, is the only question I hope you will answer.

You have no clue what you are talking about, and i'm NOT going to waste my time.

How much for the box WITHOUT the inadequate power supply, is the only question I hope you will answer.

Calsberg

I am sorry but you are the one who is clueless here.

The original DJI charger is a 100 W charger.
It was designed to charge either TB 47 or TB 48.
The recently released 180W charger ONLY speeds up the initial charging phase.
By the time the charge level gets to 90% - the batt's internal IC takes over the final cell balancing and charge speed is the same regardless whether you are on 100W or 180W.
10% final charge level does not equate to 10% of charge time either. This is determined by your battery's cells health etc.

Now you are also clueless when you just want to buy the box without the power supply.

You've also neglected to mention the two patented internal circuit boards with micro processors which provides the following features

1. Charge 4 Batteries Simultaneously (Up to 6 when used with the DJI RC Cable)
2. Charge 2 REMOTE CONTROLS at same time with batteries.
3. Charge 2 USB devices such as your iPAD or iPhone or both with batteries and remotes all simultaneously. (8 devices charging at the same time)
4. Deep cycle and condition your batteries according to DJI recommendation
5. Auto charge your batteries after DEEP CYCLE MODE.
6. FIRMWARE Upgradable

For the sake of your online reputation, please refrain from arguing and commenting on topics and technologies you know very little about.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435742301.989233.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435742446.887030.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435742367.166878.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435742367.166878.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 8
Thx Moonglider.

Four tb48 require 800w,

I wonder if they will sell us just the box so we can install our own supplies and fans?

Actually can you explain why you said a 1000 watt supply would be best

Carlsberg, you stated your argument without allot of facts but that's ok, Richie gave his view and his brief description of his design and you just gave your view point, with out knowing how his patented circuit board works its all a guess to you unless you were part of the design team, not to put you down but you have to own one first before you can comment on how it works, as for me I can say I own one of the current production units and all I can say is that is a Very Quality Unit and charges all my entire Inspire 1 products great, also for the time for me is not even an issue due to the way each battery is charged differently due to is different discharge capacity on each Battery. I find the construction of Richie's product to be Suburb. This is a free world if you do not like what he has to offer move on. If you purchased one return it, Richie's Customer Service is flawless believe me I have tested this part of his business, He is open to suggestion as I know this in past discussions and will work out any issues that arise, I stand behind the Smart Charger and would purchase this again and again the P1,P2,P2+ Charger worked great to.
Thanks Richie for taking the time to discuss all of this thread, but the subject is mute I would not waste any more time defending your product, I have talked with may forum members in the DJI forum and in the flying fields they all are perfectly satisfied with your product.

Reactions: rtb

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44